alien 2+ triple freezing HDMU

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,552 times. The last Post () by rigsby.

• hey,
    i have a new Amiko alien 2+ triple with HDMU 10780 image on it, with the most recent updates.
    every few hours or so the box locks up completely.
    no idea why, the only way to recover is a power cycle.

any seen this or have a fix?
    its ruining an otherwise great experience.

thanks.

• Try a different image, also make sure enough air is getting to the box as it could be an overheating issue.

• I have the triple tuner box also, tried every image/hard drive/cams the lot and it still crashes on enigma, spark works perfect never crashes, also get tuner issues switching sats on enigma. My guess is maybe its a triplex problem on enigma maybe tuner drivers.

• Thats what happens when you get taken in by the price of these receivers. If it runs fine on its propriety Spark firmware and then runs really flakey and falls over all the time on Enigma 2, what does that tell you.

Its not a proper Enigma 2 receiver and it never will be. The Enigma 2 it runs is a modified MIPS version. Unless somebody rewrites the firmware from the ground up it is never going to be anywhere near perfect due to its chipset.

I had an Alien 2 for a month and it was in my opinion the worst box i have ever had the displeasure of owning. The HDMI port failed after less than a month and it never ran correctly on Enigma2 since the day i had it. I was also banned from the Satstation forum for voicing my opinions about this so called wonderful receiver.

If you want a receiver that can run Enigma 2 then get one that was designed to run on Enigma 2, one with a MIPS architecture not SH4.

Sorry to be brutally blunt but if it was me i would get shut of the Alien 2 and get something else.

I wish you luck in sorting your issues out, i really do.

Nano

• Yep true what you say, i took the box back after a week but the trader said i could have the triplex box for 90notes so at the price knew what i was getting, Sparks ok but a glorified openbox at the moment, no way would i advise anyone to shell out 170-180 notes for the triple. The thing you say it needs someone from scratch to re-write the enigma side rather than people picking away at the same thing and re-naming it claiming its there image. Best thing is people not to buy these boxes and shell the 50-80notes extra and get a vu+duo etc or single tuner i cant fault a dm800hd had one for years does the lot flawless and the picture and sound quality is better.

Theres no way i could stick one of these boxes on the main tv for a family with no knowledge far to buggy for that.

Oh yes i was banned from sat station after a post similar to this lol.

• Reminds me of the Alsat forum and Darkman lol

If you said anything un towards the shop, products, or the owner you got banned from the forum. Sat Station appears to work in much the same way. Very sad really.

Yes i got banned from the Alsat forum to after questioning Darkman lol

Nano

• hey,
    apologies for the late replay.

in a nut shell, wasnt having much luck with OpenPLI so i moved to OpenARP and its been much more stable.

openarp seems to be more designed for the Amiko than pli.

its been rock solid for the last number of weeks. the odd crash or hang but thats manageable.

• According to my experience, the freezing & lock ups are down to signal.

Spark handles drops in signal better than Enigma2 on the Alien.

Any slight drop off in signal even for a split second is the cause of the picture fragmentation & then the box tries to catch up with itself & can eventually lock up.

Has been discussed on the other forum in some length.

They are aware of this problem & it's being looked into.

This is the ONLY problem on the E2 side of things & everything else works as you would expect from any E2 box.

it tends to happen more on bigger dishes that are on 28.2 east that blow around a bit, meaning the signal can drop, but on a smaller mesh dish that is bang on, it happens less frequently as that dish has less wind movement.

Mine even locked up on BBC1 therefore proving it's not an oscam problem as many have suggested.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!