dm500 or linux server ????

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,885 times. The last Post () by brian0812.

• best way to go 8

1. dm500s as server (0) 0%
    2. linux pc server (8) 100%

hi all im new to all this id just like some advice

can you tell me the best way to go for a cardshare server just use dm500 as the server or setup a linux pc server can you tell me the pro,s and con,s thanks

regards brian

• Official Post

Dm500 doesnt have that much ram which can limit the amount of peers you can add and the amount of plugins you can use. If you enjoy changing images then your server will be effected when you flash new images. User friendly and great box for the beginner.
    Linux server can hold as many peers as you can add. Definately more stable as a server compared to DM500. For the more advanced user as setup and maintaining this server will require more technical knowledge compared to the dm500.
    A combination of the two is what the satellite enthusiast would choose because the linux server gives you stability for your peers and frees up all the ram on your DM500 for playing around with differant images and plugins

• i am using dm500 as server, cause i am not having so much clients on, doesn?t matter.
    but is the number of clients not always limited with the card?
    is not the card the weakest link in the machinery?
    saludos
    el pirate

• Can I just add 1 downside to a linux server. It counts as a hop in your shares, so everything requires a reshare.
    If you have access to many servers with locals, then this isn't a problem as you'll normally get reshare on them cards.

sky pirate, everyone connecting to your server wont necessarily be using your local. They will also be accessing any reshares you have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!