E2 Initializing Disk Error

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,605 times. The last Post () by CVK_Baca.

• Hi, I am currently using the "Satstation_members_HDMU_backup_image v0.4.5 For 28E" E2 build. I'm getting an "initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry" when I try to initialize a drive. The disk is a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler, it has worked on other builds.

Any suggestions on how to get the drive initialized.

• had the same problem using the same image, you need to boot into spark then format the drive in EXT3.
    now switch off the alien 2 and re-boot into E2, go to plugins and look for HDD Mount Manager and use the following setting, mount all on reciever start-uo YES, mount on media/hdd sda1, mount on media/hdd/movie sda1, Enable swap file on reciever startup YES, Enable swap file NO, Now fully re-boot the reciever. ps don`t format in E2 won`t, go back to the HDMU image before 0.45 no mount manager in plugins

• I was having the same problem with some other images too but i was given advice on how to sort it out and the easiest way to sort it out is as follows.

Use your pc to format the drive into ext3 using the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" then install the hddmanager plugin that will allow you to mount the drive with no problem at all.
    Copy the hhdmanager folder over to your alien2 via FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions then reboot your stb and you should be good to go.

• THANK YOU ..... method 1 worked a treat for me also. * * * * *

me too thanks for the workaround lads.
    :)

- - - Updated - - -

unforunately i jusmped the gun a bit.
    this is a pain in the arse with the vix4 image.
    no wonder its not supported on here.
    .load of ****.
    usb drivers are the FIRST things that should work out of the box.
    the only reason i want vix4 is having come from openvix (WOS) which i think is the best image for the duo(genuine).
    but i cant even get a fu*king usb to mount.
    its a joke

Any ideas gents?
    ive installed hdd manager but the setting revert to default after reboot which is really handy.

ChEERS :)

• cheers short360uk!
    i will do mate.
    fucking joke vix4e3projrct....
    i LOVE OPENvix but this image is a joke just for starters you cannot load a simple 8gb usb stick and then the media player is SHOCKING.
    handy

• Cos its lavatronics own image. I tried it for a laugh last week, it's a nightmare to even get cams working, but open atv is by far the best image for the alien 2 in my opinion anyway

• Cos its lavatronics own image. I tried it for a laugh last week, it's a nightmare to even get cams working, but open atv is by far the best image for the alien 2 in my opinion anyway

legend!
    on it like a car bonnet!
    :)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!