why my amiko alien 2 lock when i watch channel hd with image enigma2

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,987 times. The last Post () by sparkamiko2.

• hello i don t understand when i watch channel hd my amiko alien 2 lock or block and i owe switch off and restart i try lot of image hdmu open ar and hrnigma and a lot of backup but always the same problem
    thanks to help me

ps when i look channel hd with spark don t have the problem

• yep i have always had the same problem on enigma all images freezes and sometime its minutes other times its hours, spark no such problem.

• thanks to ben 361 and narjis but i try two solution but i have the same problem . bobbyduke thanks to you have you find the solution. and the last thanks to manuelcarlos but you don t say what s the hdmu working very well

• thanks to ben 361 and narjis but i try two solution but i have the same problem . bobbyduke thanks to you have you find the solution. and the last thanks to manuelcarlos but you don t say what s the hdmu working very well

Nope my box crashes and freezes on every image, some images take longer to do this but always the same outcome, they all have tuner issues with tuner failed coming up etc when switching tuners.

So anyone got any ideas as theres a fair few people with this problem? or is there a faulty batch of boxes out there?

• With out being brutally honest i would get rid and buy a proper MIPS based Enigma 2 box. You cannot get a box with the supposed impressive specification of the Alien 2 for its cheap retail price and expect it to work 100%. Enigma was never designed to run on abox with SH4 architecture.

The only people i know who have managed to get these boxes running anywhere near stable are coders who know how to modify the firmware and have the experience to remove or add things that are causing the issues. I can't ever see this boxes ever working correctly under Enigma 2.

Nano

• With out being brutally honest i would get rid and buy a proper MIPS based Enigma 2 box. You cannot get a box with the supposed impressive specification of the Alien 2 for its cheap retail price and expect it to work 100%. Enigma was never designed to run on abox with SH4 architecture.

The only people i know who have managed to get these boxes running anywhere near stable are coders who know how to modify the firmware and have the experience to remove or add things that are causing the issues. I can't ever see this boxes ever working correctly under Enigma 2.

Nano

Yep you are probally correct, the old saying you pay what you get. Luckily i only paid 90notes at trade price for a gm triplex box and knew i was getting a half cooked box.

Spark side runs pretty smooth with issues on epg the main problem. But at full price of 150-180 its not worth buying the box people are better off finding the extra few quid going the vu route etc.

• hello i have tested alot of image but i find the same problem my amiko block when i watch channel hd and i had to reboot him why give me one solution please

• If you want to run Enigma 2 images then you will need to get a box that Enigma 2 was designed for or you will have to live with the issues.

Enigma 2 was designed to run with a Broadcom MIPS setup not an STi SH4 setup. I have the same issues with my nBox's which also are SH4, although its very minimal with both boxes after lengthy image changes and messing around with OSCam.

Basically you are left with a few options.

1. Get a MIPS based box that can run Enigma 2 and CCCam properly.
    2. Stick with SPARK on your Alien box.
    3. Put up with the freezing on your Alien.

Other than that there isn't much more you can do. If you are using only one channel provider (i.e $ky) on your Alien i would suggest using MGCamd, although if its the same on the Alien as it is on the nBox it won't handle two channels at the same time.

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!