Multiple csp instances running on same machine.

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,769 times. The last Post () by sync.

• Why would you need to ?
    One CSP on a local pc is more than enough to handle multiple caids and unlimited connectors and users.
    The only problems one instance of CSP will ever face are hardware failure, setup issues and bandwidth limitation.

• I read somewhere that two instances of CSP, as opposed to one, even with passing cache to each other significantly increase the 'cache-hit' rate, this would only be for interest from my point of view, but can not see any reason to run multiple instances especially on a device in the same geographical location. (I have not been able to relocate this link).

Not that I am an expert, but if you could explain your reasoning behind such a decision, I am sure someone can clarify why you don't (or in the very least shouldn't need multiple instances).

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I read somewhere that two instances of CSP, as opposed to one, even with passing cache to each other significantly increase the 'cache-hit' rate

Bowman often discussed 2 instances of CSP running alongside each other, sharing cache, and where each client box would have a line from each CSP
    The reasoning behind this was if one failed the other was there as backup.

• Although I can't remember the details, depending on your definition of fail ('cache hit' unsuccessful) or that one had ceased to run for some reason, I thought it was more to do with the fact that one could be updating the cache when the request was made.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I thought it was more to do with the fact that one could be updating the cache when the request was made.

That can only happen if there are a set of different users on each CSP, with the same users on each one the requests will always go to the card if not in cache.
    I was referring to a situation where CSP1 fails then CSP2 runs as normal so client boxes experience no problems.

Doing it any other way then I would assume it is to build up a huge cache, but for what ? .......I think we all know why some want a huge cache !

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!