HDMU image - Tuner Error?

• Hi Guys,

Hope somebody can help. Basically I have supplied a few Alien 2 triple receivers, have for months been setting them up under Spark OS, and around a month ago, I started to try a few different E2 images for the triple receiver. I tend to like the HDMU E2 image, and have setup a few boxes all to use the HDMU latest image, and also a few earlier HDMU images, and all images have setup fine and worked.

Basically after flashing the image to the STB I then add any plugins I want to use, and get to the point where the box is working fine, use AutoBouquets E2 to setup listings etc, and couple other plugins, anyway .. once done I have a fully working Alien 2 (Triple) working the way I want it to work ..

Now the strange part .. I then took this box down to a friends house, and plugged in the cables and once powered-on the box displays Tuner error. Yet if I take the box back to my home, plugin the box is fine ..

Have now setup another three boxes, and even a Alien 8900 (single) tuner and a IceCrypt S3700CHD triple reciever, with the HDMU image, again knowing the difference between a single / dual / triple tuner, have setup all boxes at my home address with no problem, then installed at friends house and tuner error. Yet have also setup other boxes same image for other friends and they have worked, so two friends cannot run the boxes which have been setup in my home, as tuner error message appears on screen , yet other friends can ..

Have tried friends orignal SLY box, using his cables its fine ..

Very odd, just cant think what else it can be ..

Any advice would be apprecaited.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!