Wanted: DM800hd or Dm800se

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 911 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• I just broke my mates 800HD trying to repair the Sim Card ( not the first one I've broke :moneygrubber: )

So looking for a Dm800hd or Dm800se clone going spare by anyone.

If the price is right I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks

• I pick up both models New Local here at
    DM800HD Pro £130
    DM800HD Se £165

Not sure if that is any good But happy to put you in touch if needed mate

• I have a 800hd (actually called a Ibox 800hd.) sort of works ok. but only sd channels (probably tuner)
    also have 800se which works perfectly for about 10 mins then locks up and has to be rebooted.
    if you are interested make me offer on either or both.

• What have you actually broken on the receiver, is the actual sim card, the holder or is it a software issue?

Or is it worse and you've broken the mainboard?

Nano

• can you not try heating the solder & with a (solder sucker) as i call it...
    lift off excess solder from the components legs?

these->

you may get lucky & still works ????

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Have you tried relinking it with wire?

Scratch the track that goes to the part that has broken off and solder the cable directly to the track and then solder the other end to the bit thats broke off. I've repaired a few receivers doing that in the past. Mostly old dBox2 units that have gone for a burton whilst trying to get them into debug mode.

Its worth a try, if the board is dead you have nothing to lose. Its also cheaper than trying to get a new board.

Edit :- Now i have reread what Inspiral has said you mean you have soldered two of the components legs together. Just scratch the solder off with a scalpel in that case and try it.

Nano

• Have one of those and tried scratching it off!

What ever was soldered togther wasn't ment to be soldered together I think! lol...

Mate is at it for the last few hours and says he has it clean but still no use.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!