Changing password for "root"

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,308 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• Firstly be patient - I am new to Linux and am setting up my Vu+ Solo2 (Black Hole). I need to change my paswsord for root (plan to use webif) - but am struggling. Currently there is no password for root, and when I logon via telnet I get a prompt that reads: root@vusolo2:~# however at this prompt I cannot execute the passwrd command. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• everything you need to know is already posted ,,but ,like as this case, be careful with the details ,, as they all count..
    use the searchbar top right corner or simply go to the relevant section to find answers to your queries..

• How thick am I?? Many thanks sorted it.

Fear not ¬ As i have said before - All user input is valuable be it a beginner or Expert ! in this thread BOTH contributions will help others !
    Only 2 years ago i knew feck all ¬ The only thing about root i knew was that i couldn't smoke it - joint10

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!