E2 OpenSource SH4 Duckbox Project GIT-4767 PKT SVN-2060 HYPERION

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,305 times. The last Post () by sparkymark79.

• I have been using this for 24 hours, by far the best stable image for the nbox 5800, has tons on plugins. crossepg and cooltvguide all working fine, install autobouqets as usual and away you go. Nand flash file attached, make sure you use FREEBOX loader and UPDT as usual, then select NAND to boot into the system. Enjoy!!

https://anonfiles.com/file/3b58b37ee5bc606645dd921f3fa415eb

You mention you "installed Autobouqets as Usual", for the life of me i cant see it in the plug in list, can you advise how you did this ?
    Would be a life saver :)
    Cheers

• ESguk, getting the same problem myself, did you have any joy in fixing it ? Record one station but black then on another, lines work fine on Nebula

• jwb999 this is well documented from the Nbox through audio adjust your frequency to 25Mhz and that should solve it. Look elsewhere in the forum, there is a post on this subject. Its Opt button, system/AV settings and then its the third one down, change your refresh rate.

• So I've installed Hyperion on to the Nand, but I'm getting a lot of GSOD's. When U try and follow the instructions above and goto the diskmanager to perform the formatting and partioning i get another GSOD. looking at the log it displays when it breaks it always seems to be something skin related missing. How did you not experience this. Can anybody advise how to telnet to the box HD to perform the same as detailed above instead of using the disk manager, or a fix for the GSOD's? I was using the shock2kuk posted link to anonfiles : https://anonfiles.com/file/3b58b37ee...dd921f3fa415eb but I'm guesing this is probably the same image as in the first post anyway.

Getting so annoyed recently with this box, I hope there is a stable end to all this!! anybody have great problems with channel 5 too? (UK) It drove the missus mad for Big bro

• also I get the juddering on the HD sometimes, does anybody have auk supplier and list of the correct capacitors to buy if i decide to go down that route in the future (although so far so good on 1080p25hz

• also I get the juddering on the HD sometimes, does anybody have auk supplier and list of the correct capacitors to buy if i decide to go down that route in the future (although so far so good on 1080p25hz

If your box was modded by comet24uk (ebay) then it should already have the new capacitors, as far as I can see the juddering is there regardless of this as, and the 25hx 1080p is the workaround - not ideal as you get ghosting especially when you watch footie.

I got a lot of crashes with hyperion on nand - but I managed to get it on to disk and boot from the disk. I am not using the NBOX now as I got fed up with the poor HD quality, and hopefully there will be a juddering fix eventually just like there has been for the amiko alien.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks can i ask how you got it on disk? what did you see in disk manager when you accessed it, all I get is a message popup timeout showing me the disk and disk size. Then when that timer runs out, the box crashes.

Hopefully somebody can give me a hand with the way to do it via telnet (format and partition the disk), then I might be able to get Hyperion onto the hd

• just to say i reinstalled a different nand copy (the one in the first post) and managed to access disk manager and install to HDD. It was too late to verify how much better it is though, will be having a play tonight.

• In the beginning on the HDD I was still getting errors viewing channels with black screen but with a few tweaks it's running great, recording two channels, recording from standby, everything as it should. tweaks included:
    changing oscam to a newer version (from 7750 to 8### something, changed skin to simple.hd got rid of the picture in picture on the simple EPG (not the one from pressing EPG button), and changed it so that i can see the next three things coming up on each channel which is handy :)
    I think a lot of the problems have been solved by enabling the swap file on the HDD. It only ever uses a minute amount (1MB) but that was enough previously to cause a GSOD as it would run out of memory
    I was beginning to lose hope of ever getting it working stably, but touch wood seems to be doing just that now.

now where's Hyperion 2! :)

• master G

Added the Label nBox Firmware

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!