Unpredictable internet speed and slowing down

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 609 times. The last Post () by homers double.

• Hi all, new here as you may have guessed. Picked up a Vu Ultimo a week or so ago and have been setting it up this week.

I've set up a small network, iphones laptop a NAS drive and wired a PS3 into it, all on a BT homehub but the internet is slowing down at various times to something equivelant to a disabled snail.

Will my vu box have anything to do with this?

As an afterthought to the above, I've moved the hub behind the TV as the ethernet cables are about 1m long and bougth a cheapie 10m ADSL extension off amazon, this is direct into the router and direct tinto the adsl filter.

Is this more likely the reason its slowing down? I'm gonna get stripping and refixing the existing cable tonight to test it.

• Cheers for that. Hardwired as follows:-

Vu + ULtimo
    NAS drive
    PS3
    Surround sound amp in order to access musinc from the NAS

Wireless would be the wifes work PC, an iphone and my laptop.

Easiest way to etst it would be to disconnect the devices and leave the work PC on uptairs and perform the test?

• At what times does it slow down? That sounds like packet shaping / bandwidth throttling to me.

• The mrs has been on bee tee for an hour and they have run diagnostics from their end and have decided it's our wireless thats the problem.

I didn't get time to check it all out but do again this afternoon as she's doing my head in haha.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!