how do i reboot debian remotely

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 965 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• what method is required to reboot the debian pcserver remotely ?

i have managed to update remotely with filezilla which is pretty cool ! :congrats:
    Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• thanks ten below ................. i'm learning slowly ! thanks for the advice dude ! thanks for your patience !

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• As above via webmin. Or log in remotely via putty and in command line issue the reboot command. Good practice is to schedule cron jobs to reboot the pc daily at say 3am.

Regards

T

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Hi i Am Curious,
    Why good practice to reboot the pc? I can understand a config check and reboot if required, but why whole pc?

Rich

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

• If you have cccam in your init.d then it will be automatically rebooted as pc reboots. By rebooting the pc you are clearing caches , freeing memory , restarting all programs such as apache etc. I guess its down to personal preference at the end of the day. If i leave my PC running for say 2/3 days i notice apache hogs about 700mb ram. This will slow down cccam and push up your peak load request.

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!