What does it all mean?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,433 times. The last Post () by EsRgood4u.

• Hi folks,

So I'm merrily installing all sorts of stuff onto my DB (as you all must have when you were noobs) but I'm always one to ask: what do these things actually do???? Emu? CCcam? Card? Key? Please explain it to me like Im a 6 yr old.

DM800 / DM7020
    Blackhole/Openpli

• CCcam is an satellite encrytion emulator!
    The emu allows the decryption of normally encrypted packages by communicating with other users via internet who own a proper subscription and card!
    Emu's can also use a key file! Not much opens this way now tho to be honest!
    Hope this help make things a little bit clearer!

• So while you could have an emu on your machine it needs to communicate with someone who has a subscription and card. That makes sense now!! Thanks Es. Especially also for the advice that keys aren't that relevant anymore.

DM800 / DM7020
    Blackhole/Openpli

• That is correct mate yes!
    The keys do actually open certain packages mate! Mostly the sh*te on hotbird! id still update the keys so that if you can open channels via keys instead of via internet obviously it will keep your internet usage down because rather than asking servers for the DCW's it will get them from the key file first!

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!