using multiple lines in mgcamd question

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,858 times. The last Post () by tosh2004.

• i have two lines currently and testing a third.

in newcamd.list i have 3 lines and each starts with
    CWS_MULTIPUL =

is the the correct way to do it ?

and....how does it work ??....does it always look at the first line and wait until it is completely dead before it moves to the second line....or will it always try for the fastest line, changing between lines to give a glitch free picture ??

also...

whats the difference between using 'CWS =' and 'CWS_MULTIPUL =' ??

how long does line 1 have to be 'down' before line 2 should be used by mgcamd ??........for instance, last night i was getting pauses for 10-15 seconds on my main line (line 1)...i had tested the internet connection via a constant ping test and it wasn't dropping..but mgcamd didnt move to the 2nd line, it stayed with the pausing line 1 all the time.

also, i see a 'keep alive' line on some people newcamd.list.....what does that do?...and should i have it too ??

thanks in advance for any answers.

• do you have cccam also m8 because it change you CWS= or CWS_MULTIPUL = to an nline and use it in cccam normally you get CWS= USER PASS PORT 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    just use N: user pass port 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 in cccam

• do you have cccam also m8 because it change you CWS= or CWS_MULTIPUL = to an nline and use it in cccam normally you get CWS= USER PASS PORT 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    just use N: user pass port 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 in cccam

what would the advantage of doing that be ?

• CWS =HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY =you have access for one port only
    CWS_MULTIPLE =HOST PORT1:PORT50 USER PASS DES KEY =you can access 50 ports 1 to 50 that mean you not need to fill 50 lines

• So the newcamd.list would be set up as

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY
    CWS_MULTIPLE = HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY

How many different servers could you have? is it 5?

Thanks in advance

• masta G - I have tried the above example because i have a VM line and a SLY LINE on different hosts and i can never get both to work? Only the CWS line works. Any ideas? I have VU DUO 2 multi tuners and both bouquets installed. both lines work as CWS individually but not together. I am running latest openvix

• masta G - I have tried the above example because i have a VM line and a SLY LINE on different hosts and i can never get both to work? Only the CWS line works. Any ideas? I have VU DUO 2 multi tuners and both bouquets installed. both lines work as CWS individually but not together. I am running latest openvix

I have the same setup and managed to get it working by setting the CWS_MULTIPLE settings so the port reads 12345:12345 as server doesn't use multiple ports and because it is "MULTIPLE" requires a start and end port
    i.e.
    CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY
    CWS_MULTIPLE = HOST PORTFROM:PORTTO USER PASS DES KEY

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!