DISEqC 2.0

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,703 times. The last Post () by bqlgepap.

• Hi

Do i need to download something to my dreambox to get this switch to work? or can I just use the normal settings like the one for 4 lnb's like my switch is.

I am trying to setup a wave frontier toroidal t90, but when i try to find satellite it only searches on 1 lnb, even though i change satellite to get it to change lnb as well, or am I wrong here? (I know cause I tried holding my hand over the lnb, and it is the same onw each time that gets my signal down). It dows not seem like its setup for 4 lnbs.

My switch is a: EMP-centauri DISEqC 2.0 s4/1PNC-W1 (p.164-IW)

Edit: I found out that no mather what I do, it only searches on the signal from the lnb that is in switch port 1 (IN 1)

• i see from your other posts you have a dm500
    usually its straight forward to do the settings.

on mine using pli i go to menu, (6)setup, satellites and transponders, satellite configuration, 4 satellites via diseqc.
    4 spaces should appear on the screen allowing you to select whatever satellites you have connected to the switch in order.
    ie connection 1 on the switch = diseqc aa, connection 2 = diseqc ab, connection 3 = diseqc ba, connection 4 = diseqc bb.

if you already have this done there must be a problem either with the disqec output or the switch, also could be the coax wire.

i had a problem over the last few weeks with a dm800 and intermittent switching where the switch would not operate every time, i changed the switch and its ok now.

• thanks all of you for your answers. I currently have 4 single alps lnb's. I think my swtich may be broken, cause i cannot find signal on any other than port number 1. All 4 lnb's are in the right position for the satellites I want to receive, but whenever I tune in to one satellite with good signal and try to change satellite to see signal from another lnb, it shows 63...as in nothing, but it is still the same lnb that is active. ;(

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!