Installing duo boot 5800sx

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,936 times. The last Post () by ori.

• Hello, I'm trying to install duo boot in nbox 5800sx.
    I read the great tutorial by Nano and all seem ok but when I reboot switching with up and down button I cannot see the option B4t only the previous options.
    What's wrong?

• If you have uploaded Multibot of b4team it to the front panel and select nand to upload the img over from b4team if img Freebox is going nand lamer on the front panel and select ok

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• I have done the step suggested by nano in the tutorial using the files contained in the attachment: duomulti nbox.rar.
    The upload complete ok but when I restart the box I have always U-Boot 1.3.1 0.53 and the same menu :
    UsbA
    Usbb
    Hdd1
    Hdd2
    Hdd3
    Nand
    PKTN
    NFS

The voice b4 u doesn't appear after NFS.
    Is it possible that the box is locked and the boot-loader cannot be changed?? Or the file is not correct and the box doesn't accept it?
    The model is ITI-5800SX SN:BSLA....

• Hi Everyone,

First of all I am sorry for silly questions I have almost no experience with Linux boxes, certainly first time trying to upgade an image because existing image stored in NAND is crashing far too often... I would appreciate if someone can suggest how can I load an Hyperion image into my NBox 5800SX. What is the correct load routine? How long do I have to wait for the image to load?
    The options I have on the green panel are the same as mentioned below, e.g.:

U-Boot 1.3.1 0.53 and the same menu :
    UsbA
    Usbb
    Hdd1
    Hdd2
    Hdd3
    Nand
    PKTN
    NFS

Obviously I have read the tutorial and tried to load the images both USB and NAND from PKT website but the box just gets stuck on "Load" and nothing happens for hours...
    Attached are the images I am trying to appload.

The images I tried are PKT_ADB_E2_HYPERION_v3_USB.zip and PKT_ADB_E2_HYPERION_v3_NAND.zip from PKT website. I tired to attach them here but the sizes seem to be too big for this forum

• Got the Open PLI E2 installed. Figured out it was a freebox uboot. By the way tried to load dual mutliboot by Nano but it did not work. I tried 3 different usb sticks but it did not work

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!