vu+uno root at 100%

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,361 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• hello I have a vu+uno with BlackHole-2.0.2 and the was at root 100% I have deleted a few add-ons/plugins and got it to 96% but it will not update the software now as there is not enough room or recognise the hardrive i put in. I have also plugged in a 16GB usb stick to down load the EPG files straight on to it rather than the uno ::would it be possible to reflash the uno with BlackHole-2.0.2-vuuno_usb the same way i did the first time so i can get back some of the root value if so do i reflash the same as the first time i loaded it
    or if some one has a better or easier way / idea please tell me

THANKS

• If you reflash the receiver it will clear out the root contents for you, or you could try to see just why it has filled up so much for example.

do you have Picons loaded to the flash ? if so delete them.
    do you have your EPG set to the flash ? if so delete this as EPG.dat files can grow huge in a very short time and easily fill the flash.

basically look for any thing out of the ordinary that would account for the low memory you currently have.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• thanks for getting back to me
    how do I refresh the receiver I have put in a USB stich and the EPG now or it think downloads on usb now I have also downloaded meoboot and the receive boots off that at the moment
    to be honest I have not got a clue what I am doing when it comes to meoboot I tried to delete it this morning but it wont let me
    I have Picons loaded about 30 of them but I have not downloaded any of the thanks

• I have been living in universe "avalon" for some time now ,,
    in THIS POST I setup as example #2
    how to use meoboot etc is in tutorials to learn more
    in fact ,,you need to readup the tutorials,, you´ll be amazed at what these machines can do....
    try this :
    telnet :

free

then telnet

echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

then telnet

free

again and try a FULL reboot after wards...
    also, if you do not use HBBTV then disable it in blue-blue speedup plugins as it alone takes up mroe than 5 mbs...

• thanks
    case 2Parallel universe looks the best for me so Ido I have to reflash the uno or just leave it as it is I know how to Format the stick and mount via device manager I will have a go at this and see how I get on but I need to uninstall mroboot first as I am booting off that at the moment and get the uno to start as normal I will get back to you and tell you how I get on
    thanks

• If you are already using meoboot , add another image to meoboot , live in this meoboot image (use this image for everything) add everything you want to this image,,it will only occupy to the size of the usb stick.

But if you want to try out BH universes, then:

you need to flash bh image in flash like always,then add a usb stick( I use back bottom usb slot)
    I use a 4gbs stick which I partitioned in two for "universes" and the other for media/usb( for picons,epg ,etc)
    to live in bh universe "avalon" ...
    then blue-blue - usb format wizard . the wizard will guide you though all the way.
    then after FULL restart.
    MENU- TELEPORTATION to gain access to the other "universes"-
    as I already mentioned I live(use) avalon press red to "jump" to avalon... be patient..

then add/download/install as much as you like,plugins ,etc,,,,this will not affect any other "universe"
    meaning that anything you do install in avalon, wont generally be noticed or seen when you jump to another universe.

When you are happy + comfortable with how to jump + live in different universes
    then the fun really begins,,,,
    word of advice ,, always make a full backup of your preferred "universe image"
    for example... in flash I had bh 202 rev A,,, but after making my full backup I updated avalon to rev C,, this did not affect the main image in any way so it remains as rev A..
    hope this helps you learn and enjoy your UNO as much as it does for me ;)

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!