HDD Setup in OpenAAF

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,117 times. The last Post () by cyphor.

• Good afternoon all,

Have finally settled for the latest OpenAAF image and been running perfect, but no matter what I try I cant get the internal HDD I installed ages ago to work.

If recording button pressed it says something along the lines of 'write to hdd failed, maybe full'? But it is empty now.

Am I missing something here as it seemed to be a breeze with Blackpole / Blackhole and Vix

Thank you

• Go into setup and choose sd1 instead of HDD
    I had to do this to get my hard drive to work I was also getting green screen until I changed to sd1

• Go into setup and choose sd1 instead of HDD
    I had to do this to get my hard drive to work I was also getting green screen until I changed to sd1

Sorry to be dumb mate, where in setup would I find this?
    Thank you

• On the first picture i posted press the green button then l/r should change what it is mounted as buddy.

Cheers matey, changed it then green screened again, im wondering if internal HDD gave up the ghost?

Has worked fine but is very strange that it simply dont want to know anymore.

• Tried to mount and merely get 'Mount Failed' if choose (Red) 'Use As HDD' green screen and reboot.
    Think time for new HDD what do you thinks guys? Any recommendations?

Thank you for your patience

• Official Post

Cheers matey, changed it then green screened again, im wondering if internal HDD gave up the ghost?

Has worked fine but is very strange that it simply dont want to know anymore.

You need to look at the crashlog to figure out why its crashing then buddy, also worth noting i have seen this happen before but after reflashing the exact same image it works perfectly. It may well be down to something you have installed rather than a fault with the image itself.

• Thank you matey, i'll give it a reflash tomorrow then to double check that and will check crashlogs to see if that sheds any light.

Thank you again for your help, greatly appreciate matey

• You need to look at the crashlog to figure out why its crashing then buddy, also worth noting i have seen this happen before but after reflashing the exact same image it works perfectly. It may well be down to something you have installed rather than a fault with the image itself.

Thank you buddy, that did the trick, reflashed same image and hdd ready to use, must missed something somewhere.

Updated to OpenATV image and HDD still good to go.

Thank you for all your help mate

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!