dead openbox s10 after factory reset

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,184 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• i all just been reading through forum alot techies on here...my problem is just bought a cheap s10 off ebxxy when booted all menus were in greek eventually after playing found lang section changed to english...then my mistake did a factory reset that was the last of it no boot no display nothing...ive checked psu etc seems to be a software issue from what ive read prob the u39 flash has got corrupt?
    i tryed the emrom upgrade with my null modem cable no luck at all...cant get it to connect says com port not connecting or mem error...i do have a working s10 so could a read contents from flash chip and blow to a new blank flash chip? can i have your thoughts on this ...
    cheers

• i have lots of s10`s with the same problem.
    its a board problem.
    my sugestion is a F3,F4 or F5 they all the same and the board is very good.
    but if you could aford an extra 60.00 to 100.00 then buy an enigma2 box like dm800 or vudu.
    its not just the price but also the time it takes to build channell list and get emu`s to work on the F`s unlike the enigma2`s there will always be support.
    adios...

• i all just been reading through forum alot techies on here...my problem is just bought a cheap s10 off ebxxy when booted all menus were in greek eventually after playing found lang section changed to english...then my mistake did a factory reset that was the last of it no boot no display nothing...ive checked psu etc seems to be a software issue from what ive read prob the u39 flash has got corrupt?
    i tryed the emrom upgrade with my null modem cable no luck at all...cant get it to connect says com port not connecting or mem error...i do have a working s10 so could a read contents from flash chip and blow to a new blank flash chip? can i have your thoughts on this ...
    cheers

Keep on trying to Reflash it mate with the Null modem Cable Just sometimes they need Different timing before Switching on the box for your Pc to pick it up Correct
    Normally around 10 secs after telling you to Connect the box Power it up then the Flash will continue

• hi guys thanks for quick reply...well ive tried most of the week to revive the s10 with various vers of emupgrade and diff timings all to no avail..ive order some blank flash chips and a programmer with the intention of reading the flash out of a working s10 and blowing into this faulty one...if anyone on forum has done this i would appreciate any advice, once agn thanks guys for your input...

• never heard of a factory reset killing a box.
    There is only 1 version of loader that works,2.0.0c and a pc with a real com port/null modem cable.
    No need to read a working s10,the s10 firmware is full flash size anyway.

• thanks Lutz for reply...believe me i have tried prob 100 times now while im waiting for flash chips and programer to arrive without any luck..im using a known good nul modem cable which i also use to update my techomate 1500 with out problems..ive now tried on a xp machine thinking it might be summit to do as i was using win 7...still no luck i cannot get the upgrade program to talk to s10..are u saying i can just program a ready made bootloader firmware into new flashchip once programer arrives?
    on light of what u have said and others i will try and revive via comport again....
    thanks for ur reply..

• I also bought blank chips when I first got my s10,since it has no jtag port.I was killing the receiver on a daily basis and was always able to recover via rs232,even on a blank or totally corrupt chip.The processor has a built-in routine to keep the rs232 port open even if the flash is completely blank.If you are using the correct loader/cable with an old pc and still can't recover,something is radically wrong.

• good news guys..programmer arrived along with flash chips..i removed U39 flash chip attached to programmer it read chip ok althogh the data looked a bit strange in places..but tried to rewrite known good flash to it...no way now i know why the null modem method failed..anyway fitted new flash chip to programmer loaded my new firmware...carefully soldered it back into S10 and voila it booted fine scanned satellites fine..im well pleased...thanks for all your help....
    cheers paul...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!