Ondemand plugin system error and reboot on Latest BlackHole image

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,602 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi,

I'm using Ten Belows back-up as my starting point, and have added just a couple of extras. I have let the software update itself twice - so I know that I am on BH 2.0.2 Rev E, and suspect that each of the plugins have also been updated to their latest versions. My problem is with the 4OD selection within the ondemand plugin. When selected I can search, get results with thumb nails, but when selecting any one I get a system error and reboot. Is there a fix for this, or have I gone astray somewhere?

• The crash is an enigma2 crash (not identified against the plugin). Ideally, I guess, I should just remove the plugin and reinstall it and see if that resolves my issue. QUESTION: How do I remove the ondemand plugin??

• To manually eliminate the plugin:
    FTP to the box go to

usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

and you will see the ondemand folder
    eliminate the folder and FULL reboot.
    After this you can reinstall ondemand again..

• Thanks for the uninstall info. Now question is where to find the latest ipk install file for BH 2.0.2 enigma 2 (Vu+ Solo2). I see that there have been some recent updates to specific files (including the fourod file) but I cannot find a complete installer for the latest version. Is there one? and where can I download it? Many thanks.

• Official Post

Thanks for the uninstall info. Now question is where to find the latest ipk install file for BH 2.0.2 enigma 2 (Vu+ Solo2). I see that there have been some recent updates to specific files (including the fourod file) but I cannot find a complete installer for the latest version. Is there one? and where can I download it? Many thanks.

You don't need one mate, just open telnet & paste in these commands pressing enter after each.

Code
    opkg update

Code
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand
  • Deleted folder usr/lib/enigma2/python/pliugins/extensions/ondemand
    Rebooted Solo2
    telnet opkg update - got a load of verbage so assume ok
    telnet opkg enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand - got a short message something like . . . in root is up todate. Not sure whether installed or stopped because it thought it was already installed.
    Rebooted Solo2
    Now cannot locate Ondemand plugin??

HELP!

ps /usr/lib/enigma2/python/extension/ondemand has not been recreated

• Official Post

Will be because you removed the plugin folder but not the dependencies, here is the latest version from the BH server, unrar then send the folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions then restart e2.

• That has changed the interface quite a bit (far more options on the first screen) however, when I select a program to play I still get an enigma crash!! Not sure that I will ever watch anything on 4OD, but it has got me riled now!!

• Two possibilites.
    the STB doesn´t have enough free memory to run it.
    check which plugins you don´t use and uninstall them..( for example , HbbTV , web mail takes up more than 5 mbs)
    press BLUE_BLUE -BH speed up - and you will see everything that you can disable for a quicker start,,
    if this doesnt help then uninstall the plugins /addons that you dont use...
    The prog you are trying to open isn´t on the server...

• Option 2 was absolutely correct!! Both programmes I had tried must not have been on the server and hence caused a crash (should be handled better, but hey) programmes selected through the extended menu in the latest version worked.

SORTED!

Many thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!