Tuner configuration??

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,425 times. The last Post () by BaccHus25.

• I am new to this with my Solo2 - so please be gentle. I am using BH 2.0.2 with catseyes channel list. I have a motorised dish on Tuner A using USALS, and a fixed dish on Tuner B. Everything is working fine EXCEPT when I go to Astra 4A/SES 5 (4.8E) all of the channels are greyed out. Selecting one of them gives the message to check the tuner configuration. The top level tuner configuration is clearly OK. My only theory is that if I go through the satellite setup the Solo2 appears to believe that Astra 4A is on 4.9E. Is this the problem? and if so how do I fix it? But if it is not the problem - what is?

• Trying this may work?

In tuner config put tuner A in advanced mode
    then selecting all the Sats listed in catseyes setting, to -> select sat using usals then save & exit.

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• I don't seem to have that option in Black Hole. If I set the tuner to Advanced on selecting individual satellites I only appear to have the option to delete the other satellites! What's worse on trying to exit from that screen enigma crashes and wipes out my epg - doin' my head in now. There must be some simple explanation why just one satellite is greyed out - with a simple fix . . . anyone?

• Thanks cazuela, it was the reloading of the channel list that sorted it. I gotta thank this forum again for its ongoing help in getting my Solo2 sorted!

A bit late to the party I know, but your problem was the satellites.xml file on the receiver had the wrong location for 4.8 east, similar to 28.2 east some users refer to it a 5 east or 4.8 east, once you have a accurate satellites.xml file your problems will have be solved as was the case when you loaded the new bouquets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• A bit late to the party I know, but your problem was the satellites.xml file on the receiver had the wrong location for 4.8 east, similar to 28.2 east some users refer to it a 5 east or 4.8 east, once you have a accurate satellites.xml file your problems will have be solved as was the case when you loaded the new bouquets.

How do I check this satellite.XML as my channels are not Greyed out but it doesn't lock on 4.8E and should it say? It was fine on my other box.

My Box is Solo2 on latest Vix image with latest Catseye IPK settings.

VU+ SOLO2, VIX(latest image) Technomate TM-2600 Super Motor(28.2E - 30W), Triax Dish 1.1m.

• Also a bit late to the party but the quick fix for this issue is to delete the satellites.xml file from the /etc/enigma2 folder and reboot.

This will make your E2 box default back to the master satellites.xml file in the tuxbox folder.. This issue arises when a channel list is loaded, it places a satellites.xml file for that particular list in the e2 folder. Once there is a satellites.xml file present in the e2 folder, It becomes the default & If that list did not contain all the satellites you require for your box, then you will have whole satellites & transponders not available to tuners..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• A bit late to the party I know, but your problem was the satellites.xml file on the receiver had the wrong location for 4.8 east, similar to 28.2 east some users refer to it a 5 east or 4.8 east, once you have a accurate satellites.xml file your problems will have be solved as was the case when you loaded the new bouquets.

Just Checked satellite.xml and its says the position of 4.8E as below. Does this mean that this is correct position if so why can't I get this sat on both USALS and diseqc 1.2 motor set up?
    <sat name="4.8E Astra 4A/ SES 5" flags="0" position="48">

VU+ SOLO2, VIX(latest image) Technomate TM-2600 Super Motor(28.2E - 30W), Triax Dish 1.1m.

• Also a bit late to the party but the quick fix for this issue is to delete the satellites.xml file from the /etc/enigma2 folder and reboot.

This will make your E2 box default back to the master satellites.xml file in the tuxbox folder.. This issue arises when a channel list is loaded, it places a satellites.xml file for that particular list in the e2 folder. Once there is a satellites.xml file present in the e2 folder, It becomes the default & If that list did not contain all the satellites you require for your box, then you will have whole satellites & transponders not available to tuners..

Tried this fix but still no luck. I also changed satellite.xml from 4.8 to 4.9E in the etc\tutbox still can't get lock on 4.8E.

Anyone with any other suggestion please?

• I have to managed to lock on almost all the SD channels but still can't get a lock on HD channels on 4.8E.

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing out? I've done fine tuning to get the maximum SNR 59% but when I try HD channels SNR is 0% and error shows "Tuner failed".

• You could try to Build your own satellites.xml file from here:
    sat.xml

And replace your existing file, this will have all updated sats & transponders..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• You could try to Build your own satellites.xml file from here:
    sat.xml

And replace your existing file, this will have all updated sats & transponders..

If you think it will help then I will give it a go. I take it that I will just meed to replace the existinf satellite.XML file in ect\tuxbox?

If you think it will help then I will give it a go. I take it that I will just meed to replace the existinf satellite.XML file in ect\tuxbox?

Correct & remove the satellites.xml in enigma2 if present

• Correct & remove the satellites.xml in enigma2 if present

I've already removed it from enigma2 and there is no longer a list in enigma2. I uploaded new CatseyeE2 13.07.13 and thought it would have up-to-date list. I'm going to flash Ten Bellow's OpenVix image tomorrow and reload the Catseye2 and check again. If still didn't work then will update satellite.Xml. Thanks for your time and help.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!