Openbox X6

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,717 times. The last Post () by nizam91.

• is there any one in particular that you would recommend, I have had an openbox s11 for the past year and it's been good. not sure if it was a clone or not but got no grief from it.

The only reason that i want another box is so that I can have a digital optical out spdif on it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• I have looked around but no firmware to be found best bet is the seller but there is no recovery software either for it so how will you flash the firmware? My best advice for you would be to contact the seller and try to get box with better support like the F3, newer isn't always the best.

• Hi,

Many thanks.

I have contacted the seller and have asked him to dump files from another x6 and send the files to me.

Would I not be right in saying I can use the eprom upgrade with the rs232 cable as long as I have the correct .abs file?

• The eprom upgrade was the version 1.0.0.4 that was the same for the x3. I had tried that with the .abs file for the x3 but the eprom stated that was the 'wrong file'
    I know I am clutching at straws here but as you say, it's bricked so may as well try it.

Hopefully I'll have a copy of the original firmware for the box before the end of the week and I'll let you know how I get on.

• I know that there are some manufacturing companies who when listing their spec for the X6, they are saying that it has the ALI3601 chipset and the 300mhz MIPS processor.

I've got an s11 and I think that it also has the ali3601 chipset and the 300mhz MIPS processor.

I've tried the erom upgrade with x6 frimware that I got from the vendor but silly me, I was using a straight wired rs232 cable instead of the null modem cable ( i assumed because the cable I had was 9 pin female to female that it would be ok, until I read other posts) I have now ordered a null modem cable and hopefully when I try the upgrade it will reflash the box. With the old cable it was stuck at 'synchronising stb, reset target'

Fingers crossed. :)

• I saw the spec as the nec processor and not ali

The specs that I've seen on several sites for the X6 and they show ali3601 processor and specs are remarkably similar to the S11. If bado123 can get the X6 back up and running tell us what the difference is? Another thought that occurs because it looks like a backward step from X3 and X5 is whether the firmware for the S11 might load on to it.

• The specs that I've seen on several sites for the X6 and they show ali3601 processor and specs are remarkably similar to the S11. If bado123 can get the X6 back up and running tell us what the difference is? Another thought that occurs because it looks like a backward step from X3 and X5 is whether the firmware for the S11 might load on to it.

s11 was the 3602 processor.
    If the x6 is 3601 the m3/f3 loader should work on it.
    Basically the 2.0.0c loader with the eromclient.abs that matches the 3601
    BTW the maincode in the firmware isn't encrypted,which is unusual for openbox receivers.
    The only other one I know about is the s16 that isn't encrypted.

• I've been trying the loader all weekend now and not getting any joy. using a proper null modem cable and I even made one of my own just to double check there were no issues with the cable.

the erom loader just gets stuck on 'synchronizing stb's please reset target' I've tried different timing before turning the box on and still to no avail.

I had a look inside the unit and seen that there was a chip with ALI3501 on it. Is it possible that i'm using the wrong loader?
    Many thanks for your time guys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!