Openbox X6

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,719 times. The last Post () by nizam91.

• Yes It's port 1, the same as the device manager and always tick the include bootloader option. The other settings in the device manager are: 115200 bits per second, 8 data bits, parity even, stop bits 1 and flow control xon/ xoff.

If I restore defaults in the device manager, they are listed as: 9600 bits per sec, 8 data bits, parity none, stop bits 1 and flow control none.

• Hi,
    Not sure whether to keep my default settings in my pc or to change them.
    I'm sure I'm doing everything correct, using the loader for the f3, using a null modem cable and trying different timings.

Not 100% sure if the port settings are correct and matching my pc and stb or whether they should be matching.

• Hi,
    Not sure whether to keep my default settings in my pc or to change them.
    I'm sure I'm doing everything correct, using the loader for the f3, using a null modem cable and trying different timings.

Not 100% sure if the port settings are correct and matching my pc and stb or whether they should be matching.

I think when you tick the boot loader option that should take care of your settings the error you are getting is a communication error between you pc and your box I think you have done everything right, one possibility is a hardware problem if you feel brave enough open up your box look around the com port see if any connections are loose might be a dry joint or over soldering causing a short, these Chinese made boxes do vary in the quality of manufacture.

• Thanks Mahrkpat,

I had a look around the capacitors etc yesterday but I took your advice and checked the coms port on the pcb of the unit, all solder joints look fine and there is no loose or broken pins.
    I am going to give the unit, loaders and .abs files to my friend who is a bit more savvy with technical things than me, hopefully he'll have better luck than me.

I want it back though, working :-)

• Hi send me a pm with email address i will send all info

hi sorry for the intrusion. I just bought a openbox X6, but Not Made with accesses DHCP or Static IP, take a look at the group of DHCP and will not appear ip decoder. The weird when plugo the cable network he's on router and link device.
    Sera that if I update the firmware will solve it?

Thanks guys

• I find a the software for upgrade X6. And the last image : 2013-06-22-openbox-x6-biss‎

Software for flash works great, i made a dump of my actually image inside my X6.

Now, i can flash X6 with the last image ;)

• After three successive flashes, 3 different firmware, still no network via the RJ45 port or DHCP or fixed IP.

I ordered a wireless key-compatible, we'll see with it but I have little hope ...

Vive la DM800HD! I have 2 and no worries!

• After three successive flashes, 3 different firmware, still no network via the RJ45 port or DHCP or fixed IP.

I ordered a wireless key-compatible, we'll see with it but I have little hope ...

Vive la DM800HD! I have 2 and no worries!

VICTORY!

X6 finally works!

He took to it:

1 / The flasher in X6_biss.zip (the last firmware in Greatdvb)
    2 / Install a wifi dongle supports X6, which works perfectly with the firmware on it (and NOT the origin, the RJ45 network it does not work always ... )
    3 / install CCcam with the 0000 menu
    4 / Do a search for channels on Astra 19.2 (after having parameterize the tuner of course) and then sort to arrange bouquets on the X6 (with the remote control, happiness ...)

Anyway it works well and decode well, but it's still a beautiful **** , I'll offer a friend

• zitoune83 Could you share the loader and settings you used with perhaps your dump file as like others here I'm also having problems flashing via RS232

Ta Muchly

• I've also got a defunct x6 after firmware flash but i'm sure mine is proper bricked! although on powering up the green LED illuminates then the red, switches back to green and ON is displayed on the front there is no life from the Serial port, I've checked this using "Putty" (a terminal emulator) selected Serial @ 115200 with the correct com port (1 in my case) and select "open" to start listening to the port, then power the box on and I get nada!! all other Ali chip boxes I've played with report "APP init ok" or similar if the serial port is still active.

I'm wondering weather it would be feasible to remove the eprom chip (it's only an 8 pin chip as far as i can see and program it externally,

Any ideas / advice on this would be great.

P.S. I've a dump of the factory firmware from before i broke mine, should anybody need it

• HOORAY
    MANAGED TO USE MY OPENBOX X6 AGAIN
    1-UPGRADE BY USB YOUR OPENBOX X6 DOWNLOAD LINK http://linuxsat-support.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15822&d=1368812729
    1.1 HOW TO UPGRADE BY USB- FORMAT YOU PENDRIVE INTO FAT32 FORMAT
    -PUT THE FILE "20130516-asia-openbox_x6.abs" INTO THE PENDRIVE
    -GO TO "UPGRADE" "UPGRADE BY USB" SELECT UPGRADE
    -YOUR DEVICE WILL REBOOT AND YOU ARE ALREADY UPDATED FIRMWARE
    2-ENABLE INTERNET CONNECTION ON OPENBOX X6
    THIS ONE A LITTLE BIT TRICKY-YOU CANNOT USE THE NETWORK CABLE RJ45 WITH THE OPENBOX YOU HAVE TO USE WIRELESS DEVICE ONLY-
    2.1 GO BUY A WIRELESS DEVICE THIS MODEL RT5370 OR FIND HERE
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/150M-U…-rt5370Chip-/261561868698
    3-PLUG IN WIRELESS DEVICE BEHIND YOU OPENBOX X6 USB PORT
    THEN GO TO "NETWORK" - "WIRELESS MANAGER"- "FIND YOU WIFI AND CONNECT IT
    4-BACK TO MAIN MENU "PRESS MENU ON REMOTE CONTROL"
    5-TO ENTER CCCAM CONFIG PRESS "0000" ON REMOTE
    YOU WILL SEE THE DETAIL FOR " PROTOCOL" "PORT" "SERVER"
    ENTER ALL THIS DETAIL THEN CLICK EXIT ON REMOTE

RESTART YOUR OPENBOX X6 THEN " HOORAYY" YOU WILL GET IT .. GOOD LUCK!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!