hdd not recognized

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 510 times. The last Post () by fumbduck.

• hi all,

hoping someone can help me out here.
    I've been using the latest BlackHole on my (original) Duo for quite some time now but since I really like the look of the HD Glass skin I decided to give some other firmwares another go.
    First I tried the latest VIX with HD Glass skin but it seemed not all the remote buttons worked properly with that. Good thing was though that all my previously recorded movies on the hdd were still accessible/visible and usable.
    So next I tried the latest OpenPLi which looks pretty good and works well with my preferred HD Glass skin. However it will not recognize my hdd as it is unlike with the previous firmwares. Even can't initialize the USB stick I was using with BlackHole Universe previously, comes up with a warning that it might be damaged.
    I realize I can probably fix this by re initializing my hdd but don't really want to lose all my recorded material. Why is my hdd recognized no problem with other firmwares but not with OpenPLi?
    Is there another way around to mount this? Via telnet even?
    Any advice appreciated

• I know this wont help you but HD Glass is another "Dirty plugin" by this i mean it's akin to TSpanel in that it overwrites system files as part of it's install which causes problems and makes it impossible to remove without a image flash. This is why i stopped using it well over a year ago.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I know this wont help you but HD Glass is another "Dirty plugin" by this i mean it's akin to TSpanel in that it overwrites system files as part of it's install which causes problems and makes it impossible to remove without a image flash. This is why i stopped using it well over a year ago.

Thanks pheonix
    TSPanel is another plugin I installed lol
    At least by mounting the hdd via telnet I can access my recordings again which is great
    I still however haven't been able to configure CrossEPG as yet as it doesn't see my hdd as an option to save data to
    Might have to uninstall CrossEPG and re-install to see if it will make a difference.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!