What Sats Can you pick up with your size dish and where you Inland ?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,584 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Hi All,

I thought i would start this Thread as just a comparison to all members on there set up and where they are in the world so people can compare and see what size dish etc they need to get the satellites that they want to view ?

I have a Spiderbox STB with a Triax 95 cm dish with a Dark Motor on the side of my garage and i am about 30 miles away from London, I can pick up with good quality reception from the following Satellites up in the sky they are as follows -

45 East , 42 East, 39 East, 28.2 East, 26 East, 19.2 East, 16 East (or 15.8), 13 East, 10 East, 9 East, 7 East, 4.8 East, 4 East, 0.8 West, 1 West, 5 West, 8 West, 12.5 West, 15 West, 18 West, 22 West, 30 West.

Would be most grateful to know how others are getting with there reception quality and strenght around our globe ??

Saluti
    Carmine

• Good thread m8..

Kerry, Ireland myself...

My set up is pretty off at the min due to an exposed dish in the wind!

Spiderbox 5000sd on an 80cm fixed dish on 28.2 east...

Dm500s with a disque motor with another 80cm only picking up 28.2 e, 23.5 e, 19e, 13e, 7e, 5e, 5w, 8w and 30w at the min...

After ordering an "Inverto Black Ultra Single LNB HIGH GAIN" so i hope with a bit of tweaking i will be able to get the weaker sats like 15.8 east and 0.8 west again

• vu+ duo
    1.10 dish
    45e
    42e
    39e
    36e
    33e
    28.2e
    26e
    23e
    21.6e
    19.2e
    15.8e
    13e
    10e
    9e
    7e
    4.8e
    4e
    2e
    1w
    5w
    8w
    12.5w
    15w
    18w
    22w
    24.5w
    27.5w
    30w
    34w
    37.5w
    45w
    58w
    in glasgow

• Hi Glen,

I bought an Inverto Black Ultra and noticed a great difference in quality great buy.

• Really?

Can only get 14% on the strongest transponder on 15.8 east since it got damaged..

Hope it will improve it a little bit as it was always coming in loud and clear!

0.8 w hit and miss depending on the weather too!

• vu duo 1.2 fibo i can get 45east to 53 west ? but 7 west nile sat is very weak all other ok ? i am in north west uk

Nice set up pem1, I also have a 1.2m Fibo Gregorian dish. Quite fortunate with my location as I have an undisturbed view of the Southern sky.

Arc is about 50E to 58W with not much useful in the outer limits, concentrate mainly 36E to 30W with, like you, a struggle with 7W most of the time. I'm in the West Midlands.
    For those who don't know what a gregorian dish is, this is the 90cm version. They really are the dogz nutz

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• Hello A of AJ,
    wow you get 7 west sometimes that`s a bonus i have never been able to get 7 west thats a hard one , thought you needed a dish the size of a house tp pick up that one lol !!!
    I can get quite a bit on 26 east all through the day.

Saluti
    Carmine

• Nice set up pem1, I also have a 1.2m Fibo Gregorian dish. Quite fortunate with my location as I have an undisturbed view of the Southern sky.

Arc is about 50E to 58W with not much useful in the outer limits, concentrate mainly 36E to 30W with, like you, a struggle with 7W most of the time. I'm in the West Midlands.
    For those who don't know what a gregorian dish is, this is the 90cm version. They really are the dogz nutz

Nice one Dream 500, great dish indeed

• Nice set up pem1, I also have a 1.2m Fibo Gregorian dish. Quite fortunate with my location as I have an undisturbed view of the Southern sky.

I want one!! :faint:;p

• the last time i had 7 west was a few years ago when i had my 1m ordital up. T90 won`t touch that sat anymore.

I will be trying later this year with a CM1.2m with feed horn so should get some good results with that.

We all want a 1.2m fibo....... sighs

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!