CrossEpg on ViX setup

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,740 times. The last Post () by maxie.

• Hi guys its me again being you guys are great and really help full I would like to get a EPG on my max receiver could you explain how I go about it thanks sorry to be a nuisence cheers take care

• I take it you are referring to sly UK epg?

I know you are using ViX and are in the UK, so I think I am assuming right.

do the following;
    Press Menu, then
    Setup - System - EPG - Settings

where it says "EPG location" - change this so it is not internal flash - should be a USB flash or HDD, or network drive.

Other options I change here is I set automatic refresh and Automatic save to yes and leave both at 24 hours. It seemed to help the issues I was having with EPG missing after a reboot. Leave them at first and see how yours get on. Leave the rest untouched, and press the green button to save.

Then you are still on the EPG selection, scroll down to "CrossEPG" - select "configure" - Download on tune leave as no, Scheduled download as once a day - at a time you prefer - 4am default is ok if you have no recordings etc at this time. Green to save.

While still on CrossEPG screen, scroll to "OpenTV providers" - and select "sly UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2) - which is the third one down, - pressing ok on remote ensures there is a green tick next to this one, and press green to save. Then while still on the CrossEPG config screen, scroll down to "Download now" - and press ok, and wait until it is all complete. If it is downloading correctly you should see the splash screen, hear some quiet music and see a progress bar with lots of activity at the bottom. It returns to the previous channel you were watching and completes the process, so leave things until the bar disappears.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi thanks well thats really good of you guys very helpfull Indeed cant fault you guys ,ill have a go at this later on thanks again for all your help cheers take care best regards

• Hi well I had a go got to settings and EPG location but it wont let me change the Internal Flash I click left and right and O.K. but nothing it just wont move to anything else cheers

• It is not recommended, even if there was enough room, to store EPG data in the internal flash, so yes, you really need to get at least a USB pen drive, or if you want to use the recording facility, a HDD - Most of us have a few flash drives lying around I would imagine!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi guys dont leave me now I dont want to record on this box could the EPG be used whithout a USB thanks take care

Nobody is giving up on you,,but you need ot start trying and finding things out for yourself..
    Nor musogeek nor myself have this stb so we are only going on suppositions..
    you are using a vix image ¿right?

then you only have to mount the usb stick... go into menu - vix and set it up to point to media/usb ,save and restart box..

• Hi guys you are bloody fantastic that is brilliant cheers take care best regards thanks for all your help cheers

Well done guys all done and working fine thanks again take care

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!