DM800 Satman EPG Feed into CrossEPG

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,132 times. The last Post () by hamborambo.

• Set permissions on the script to 755 to allow execution. You can do this from the gemini file manager Tuxbox commander plugin or a program on your pc like dreambox control centre.

Now use the gemini file manager on the box browse to /usr/script or turbox commander and execute it. I think there is also a script execute plugin that can be downloaded so all usr scripts show up under a green button plugin but I can't remember the name of it maybe someone else does?

Ddaddy the epg refresh bit on crossepg only refreshes the first time you run it on gemini any other download and you need to restart enigma2. I find the script easier and quicker.

• my box doesnt have enough memory for this lol

does anyone know what i can get rid of or can this be run on the internal HDD i added?
    i have image as ramiMAHER-v-9-4-1

• Andy,

The script is best run from /usr/script but can run from any location. However the EPG download and should be directed to a USB or HDD.

At the top of the script we have a Variables declaration section as below:

# Define a few variables
    FileLoc=http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz
    EpgFile=epg.dat
    ExternalEPG=/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat

You can edit the variables and change the path to your epg file if your hard drive is mounted under a different mount point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!