Need explanation for OSCAM stuffs.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 712 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi people. I'm running OSCAM + CCcam with no problem. Just wondering if I can figure out some extra features of OSCAM with your help.

I'd like to log my peer's usage, I mean some particular peers. Is there any way? When I go to logfile and userfile it shows as it doesn't exist. How to make them work?

• Code
    http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/oscam/trunk/Distribution/doc/txt/

for all your oscam config requirements

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• Official Post

Hi people. I'm running OSCAM + CCcam with no problem. Just wondering if I can figure out some extra features of OSCAM with your help.

I'd like to log my peer's usage, I mean some particular peers. Is there any way? When I go to logfile and userfile it shows as it doesn't exist. How to make them work?

You are running OSCAM + CCcam so still sharing via CCcam so clients tab in CCcam info should show what you want, you have never mentioned wanting to go oscam only but asked about CSP in the previous post. Please state exactly what it is you want help with.

• You are running OSCAM + CCcam so still sharing via CCcam so clients tab in CCcam info should show what you want, you have never mentioned wanting to go oscam only but asked about CSP in the previous post. Please state exactly what it is you want help with.

Thanks for the reply, anyway. I ain't sure what exactly OSCAM and CCcam is. I just used the automated script and installed the stuff, later then my friend did the port forward setting. I wanted to install CSP to block my cards being used in OSCAM. Is there anything you can help me with?

I'm Mr.R. Successfully running OSCAM/CCcam for past several months, thanks to lots of tutorials in this forum.

OK so your setup seems to have been working pretty well last week..

I'd like to log my peer's usage, I mean some particular peers

cccam already show you ECM requests per users from the cccam webif. If you have excessive users, remember that you are not obliged to keep them. Sharing should be a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you find that some of your peers are taking the biscuit, you can explain the situation to them and if you are not happy with their explanation or the excessive usage keeps up, just dump them.

To work out excessive usage you can use your own usage as a bench mark.. In my situation I used a box that was left on from 7am to 11pm & requested about 9,000 ECM's from my card. So for me alarm bells ring when users without reshare request more than 15,000 ECM's or when users with reshare request more than 30,000 ECM's. There are times that I just ignore these alarm bells, for example:
    1.. A good peer is having trouble with his/her local
    2.. If its a family member
    3.. If Its me, lol

Now we are getting down to the strange parts of you posts..

anyway. I ain't sure what exactly OSCAM and CCcam is

but earlier you said..

I'm Mr.R. Successfully running OSCAM/CCcam for past several months, thanks to lots of tutorials in this forum.

Lastly..

I wanted to install CSP to block my cards being used in OSCAM

As mentioned above, just get rid of peers with excessive usage that you think might be taking advantage..

CSP, can be like a dirty word when used in the wrong context.
    When you say that you don't understand cccam/oscam (Probably the most user friendly setup out there) but you want to install CSP. People usually think payserver in the making.
    When your very first server is on a VPS, people also usually think payserver in the making.

I am not accusing you of anything (In fact I know there can be genuine reasons for certain parts of your setup), I am just telling you how people will interpret your comments so please take a bit of time to explain your setup & your reasons for wanting to change/upgrade it.

Thanks

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• That was along explanation bro. Thanks for that. And yea, I run OSCAM+CCcam in VPS as for me its way reliable than hosting on my computer. I understand what do you mean by "alarm bells" but the question is how do I find how many ECM my box is requesting? And how do I configure my system alarms me when my peers got excessive ECM request?

I'm sorry. It might sound as I'm asking the same thing again and again. But I'm totally new to OSCAM and CCcam. I just knew they're capable of card sharing, apart from that I don't really know whats going on behind the screen and how to configure those stuffs more maximum performance. I do really appreciate your time of explaining on how to know my ECM count and set alarm of certain usage.

• If you log into your cccam webif:

If you used my tut, just enter this in your browser address bar:
    111.111.111.111:16001
    username: admin
    password: admin

Replace 111.111.111.111 with IP or dns address of your VPS

Then under clients tab It should give you a breakdown of each user with ECM's OK. That is the ECM usage per client

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!