ITI nBox 5800sx is dies!!!!

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,493 times. The last Post () by smokegreen.

• hi to all,i am new ,I'm not expert ,but I tried to flash the decoder 5800sx with this firmware:
    "http://nbox.xunil.pl/Freebox_8.x.x_%28mod%29",
    and I did not realize it was for 2850!, and now will not start on boot! indicated in the display the @ .....
    what do i do?:cry_002: help me please!!!!

• If you played 2850 image from box to box 5800sx unfortunately uboot which is uploaded in August deleted the memory of flesh, now you need to run uboot configuration backup of the address because the current a019 A020 has cleared

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• If you look on ebay there is a guy there "Comet24UK" he will be able to sort you box out.

I've had a few of these boxes from him with no issues at all :haha:
    He has also modified a few other boxes to run E2 for me.

Nano

• Hi it's very easy to fix
    Download from sataid.net multiboot for nbox.
    Copy multiboot on pendrive fat32.
    Plug pendrive to nbox.
    Disconnect point A20.
    Now just touch point A19 and switch on nbox keeping power button on front panel. (Touch A19 for 1 sek).
    Multi boot will upload to A20.
    Now connect back A20. Uboot is fixed.

• Not everybody is confident enough to mess inside the box when its live. Sounds like a similar procedure i had to do when getting my first dBox2 into debug mode, all those years ago lol.

If Duel89 is confident enough to try it all well and good, but if not Comet24UK is your man.

Nano

• Hello, thanks all for the help, I tried these procedures, but unfortunately nothing happened, the display is dead! Maybe I should try with the serial connection and upload the boot? DEBUG connection?and where do I find the boot file for the serial connection?thanks all:goodpost1:

• Could you please explain what you did shock2Uk. It may well help other people if they know the procedure.

Nano

• To carry out this procedure you will need to strip down the box completely.
    Remove the cover off the nbox, remove the screw holding the tuner in place on the chassis, remove the 4 screws that hold the mainboard in place.
    Disconnect the cable from the hard drive (on the drive not the mainboard, i found that easier)
    Unplug the grey cable that connects the front panel.

Slide the motherboard back out of the chassis, you dont need to remove the tuner it will all come out as a complete set.
    flip over the MB and you will see a wire that has been added connecting 2 points on the board. One end of the wire should be connected 1 pin of a row of 4 pins, the other to a point on the MB which is marked as A20 on the picture shown.
    Unsolder the wire from A20.

Now extract the rar file and place all 3 files onto a freshly fat32 formatted usb pendrive.

Place the usb pen into the nbox usb socket.

Now heres the tricky bit, you may find an extra pair of hands useful here!

Connect the grey cable back to the motherboard so you will be able to see what the VFD display says.

Hold the wire you just unsoldered onto point A19 shown on the picture.

a19f0cd24c91c6e1460.jpg

Whilst you are holding it get a friend or someone to turn on the power to the box whilst holding in the power button on the front of the box. The display should then say uboot *.**.** (* means numbers of the currently installed uboot) after a second or so the display will say PROG, whilst still holding the power button in take off the wire from A19, it will continue to load back the uboot to the nand. After about 30 seconds it will say OK. You can then turn off the power to the box.

If it says FAIL at any time then you have not got the wire on A19 properly, the box could also be displaying TEST and flashing lights on and off, again this indicates the wire not been on correctly.

If it completes and says OK, then you can now resolder the wire back to A20 and if done correctly the box should boot back up normally, you may have to reselect the correct uboot via the usual method to allow the box to boot whichever image you had on (HDD, NAND etc).

If its all ok, give yourself a pat on the back, reassemble the box and enjoy TV again and crack open a ice cold beer :very-drunk:

It took me a couple of tries to get it to work, i only had my hands!!

Hope this is of help, it took me ages to verify and find the correct files needed.

• hello,
    thank you for your post.
    i have a its 5800 and no wire on the back site of the mainboard.
    please can you circa describe where i can found those pins?
    on the other site of the mainboard i have a connector called "debug". to you mean, i also can use this?
    thank you
    regards
    portas525

• can you use a usb hdd or does it have to be a usb pen as i dont get anything come up on the display at all hdd spins up fan trys to spin if you move it with your finger it starts to spin cheers

• Thanks a lot for this post,nbox fixed :)

Anyone else who has a blank screen give this a go,it`s not hard despite what my Polish box seller told me,lol..Saved myself £30 & £20 p+p(nearly cost of the box so not worth it & told him that too),nice one much appreciated!! Looking forward to sending him picture s & screens in the morning,lol

Cheers :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!