Identify Openbox Clone and Firmware

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,065 times. The last Post () by romman.

• Hi,

I was just wondering if there is an easy way of identifying a clone from an original openbox other than the yellow brown card reader circuit board for the in the original against thre green card reader circuit board in the clone because of the 2011 firmware issue causing the clone box error.

I've included photos of a clone and original from another forum but was wondering if there is another way of identifying them e.g. MAC address?

Original
    6108ec1.jpg

Clone
    c9576b40815ae.jpg

Finally is anyone have any problems with the March 2011 firmware on Original Openboxes?

• I've not had any problems with the march firmware on my original. Let me investigate the other question for you regarding clones and originals. I'm guessing one way to tell would be if they are a bit cheaper and who you buy them from. I've also seen those pics on that other forum. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Time long gone past kids bed time lol

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Thanks you that will be very useful for forum members.

My Openbox has the brown/yellow card reader board. Unfortunately I've had to send it back to the dealer for a replacement because it looks like the power supply has blown so not had chance to test the new firmware yet.

Try to get my kids to bed before 8pm but that doesn't alway happen LOL...

• From what i can gather the clones have a different name like Tigerbox or hd 800S2.They will take the firmware but there is a risk of bricking your box. The firmware from last October seems safe enough for clones though and to be honest any firmware since has added very little, just things like extra languages in the menu. The clones are also a small bit cheaper, but you would only be saving fcuk all anyway. If you stay with reputable dealers you shouldnt have any problems.
    Hamborambo, you shouldnt be worried about your box, as you pointed out you have the yellow brown card reader.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• As holly says guys buy from a reputable firm like our sponsor and have peace o
    Of mind!

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Upgraded to the Feb firmware successfully instead of the March firmware after reading about the reported lip sync issues. Not noticed any lip sync issues on the Feb firmware or clone box errors.

To be fair other than the additional supported languages I’ve not really notice any other improvements over the shipped firmware and the CCcam client still appears to be V2.1.4. Do any of the other firmware revisions include the newer CCcam 2.2.1 client?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!