Now I'm frustrated

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,067 times. The last Post () by The A of AJ.

• Help plz, before i throw all my hardware in the harbor.

I have setup my wave frontier t90 dish with 4 lnb's. When searching on 1 lnb with my single alps lnb, I get a max signal of 80-82 and finding only around 300 channels/services. This is ofcourse not good enough, don't know how good a signal you can get on this dish though.

The lnb is in the position it should be when I have all 4 lnb's connected, but I connet only 1 directly to the box. I have tried to change the lnb to a very old one I had, and that one gives me a signal of 85 and around 450 channels, which is better (and that I don't understand) but still not good enough cause with that old lnb and a small, old and normal dish, I get signals over 90 and 550 channels.

What the H... is wrong with my setup???

thx
    bq

• okay thank you. hm, I thought they all were made for the same purpose. I know that some are better sure, but that bad that you cannot get a normal signal. So the db is the only thing I am looking for? Cause I can see that a 0.1 db is easily cheaper than mine?.
    What signal strength should I be satisfied with, what is normal? And do you know if you have to do with less signal with a dish like mine?

thx in advance

• I see that the inverto is a bit more expensive that mine, but the db does not go along with the price, at least not in the place I am buying from. Have a look: ******

• so you would buy this one instead of a 0.1db?

Weird thing is that the alps are recommended with my dish. But why do they recommend something wich you cannot get a propor signal with. I have clean view to the satellites and im living on 2nd floor, so that is not the problem.

What signal streangth is enough. If i get over 90, is that fine or what?

• so you would buy this one instead of a 0.1db?

Weird thing is that the alps are recommended with my dish. But why do they recommend something wich you cannot get a propor signal with. I have clean view to the satellites and im living on 2nd floor, so that is not the problem.

What signal streangth is enough. If i get over 90, is that fine or what?

The Inverto black is a fantastic lnb for the money.
    However, alot of people only look at the s/n db figure thinking that lower is better. In a way, it is. Another spec that has to be taken into consideration is the conversion gain of the lnb, this is how much (in db's) the received signal, after conversion, is amplified. Granted, the inverto has "only" a 0.2db s/n but it has one of the highest conversion gains on the lnb market.
    You would see much better results with inverto's but (and this is why the alps uni are recommended for your dish) it depends on the spacing required between each of the lnb's where they are fitted. The alps have a very narrow profile allowing much closer satellite spacing.
    Hope that all makes sense to you.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• I have a T90. and like you i tried with an ALPS lnb. the results are poor.

I am currently runing Inverto and Technomate LNB`s with good results.

Spaceing is not an issue unless you are fitting Octo LNB`s over the feed arm ...

Rather than chuck it in the Harbour chuck it my way ...

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

• ;pNo, mine (I insist)

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!