Noob needs help - Gstreamer

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,682 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi

I think i have managed to delete or break something .

Online streaming from various plugins no longer work . Like Tsmedia,bbciplayer,Ondemand ect.

But i can still stream from Youtube .

For example . Tsmedia/IPTV Feeds/hbo movies .(i have updated the streams)

I get no crash or error but no streaming video . Nothing until a press exit .

I have only just got my first linux sat box and am still trying to get my head around this different world . Been playing with xbmc for the last few years .

Been searching around and think it might be a problem with gstreamer but i really have no idea . I was installing and deleting lots of stuff , probably deleted something i shouldn't have .

Any help would be great

Cheers

Oh the box is Vu+ solo2 running the latest Vti image

• So i`m still not getting anywhere .

Streams from iptv sources do not work (filmon ect) . But i did find if i was streaming from a host and the file format was .avi IT WORKED .

But Flv sources did not seem to work .

Anyone with a guess of what would be up ? Maybe i`m missing some gstreamer plugins or something ?

• It's a satellite receiver not a media player, so not all formats will be supported in the limited hardware codecs these receivers use. There is very little you can do about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Official Post

Removing then reinstalling TSmedia should also reinstall any dependencies you accidentally removed. Here is a list of the required ones if you want to check they are present.

gst-plugins-ugly-cdio, gst-plugins-bad-rtmp, gst-plugins-bad-fragmented, gst-plugins-ugly-asf, gst-plugins-bad-vcdsrc, gst-plugins-bad-cdxaparse, gst-plugins-good-flv, gst-plugins-bad-mms

• Thanks for the reply's .

I know that it`s a sat receiver and not an all singing and dancing media player . But my problem was that these plugins worked before, until i started playing about . So i know i buggered something :)

Ten Below i never thought of doing something so simple as reinstalling Tsmedia . I was looking at gst-plugins but was a bit wary of installing -bad- versions .

I`ll give it a try .

Cheers .

• Ok uninstalled Tsmedia then tried to install from a .ipk file and not through tspanel . It would not install .

It looks like im missing gst-plugins-bad-mms and gst-plugins-ugly-asf

I tried to install these from newnigma2 feeds/mips32el but i get an error

Cannot satisfy the following dependencies libmms0(>=0.6.2)* and libgstriff-0.10-0blathblathblathblath it goes on forever .

What do i try now ? Do i look for these lib files ????

• I think im getting somewhere .

I installed libmms then was able to install gst-plugins-bad-mms .

I tried to install tsmedia .ipk and it worked . I think it downloaded and updated some stuff .

I did a Hard reboot and tried to test on some filmon streams but still no joy .

• Official Post

Reflashed with a new image .

All is good again . Lesson learned !

It's half the fun of the hobby lol, the best thing to do now you have set it all up again is to make a complete backup of your image so you can easily restore it if you get any problems in the future. good to hear you have it sorted, will close this one now.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!