boot into enigma 2.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,059 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hi peeps
    have set up enigma 2 ok with no probs. but when i reboot it boots bk to spark.
    can i get it to boot into enigma 2 each time i reboot?

• I found this on another forum
    Try updating Spark to the version I have attached here, you'll need to do this update via USB in Spark itself under the Menu > System > Upgrade menu. Make sure you leave Spark to fully update, it will go through the motions on screen then reboot, then display a message about updates and warn not to turn it off, then reboot again and it's only at this point once it's fully rebooted that you are done - once it's complete try booting to E2 again using the same method as before and hopefully this will have done the trick for you.

Files

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I found this on another forum
    Try updating Spark to the version I have attached here, you'll need to do this update via USB in Spark itself under the Menu > System > Upgrade menu. Make sure you leave Spark to fully update, it will go through the motions on screen then reboot, then display a message about updates and warn not to turn it off, then reboot again and it's only at this point once it's fully rebooted that you are done - once it's complete try booting to E2 again using the same method as before and hopefully this will have done the trick for you.

hi buddy
    thanks for the response. but before i try this i just want to clarify u understand wot i want as i dont think i explained myself very well lol
    ok i dont have a problem booting to e2, wot i want is to boot to e2 as default, so wen eva i restart or reboot the box it boots to e2.

hope thats a bit clearer lol

• hi peeps
    have set up enigma 2 ok with no probs. but when i reboot it boots bk to spark.
    can i get it to boot into enigma 2 each time i reboot?

Power off the receiver from the back, keep OK button (on receiver) pressed when power back on until you see FORC on the display, press down arrow (on receiver) once (display should say ENIG), then press OK (on receiver) again.
    The receiver should now always boot into enigma.

(

• but thats not the case for me? when ever i reboot it always boots to spark!

Power off the receiver from the back, keep OK button (on receiver) pressed when power back on until you see FORC on the display, press down arrow (on receiver) once (display should say ENIG), then press OK (on receiver) again.
    The receiver should now always boot into enigma.

(

• Could be the bootloader at a guess. What version of Spark are you running?

I know you had to downgrade Spark to ensure you had the correct bootloader, before installing Enigma, Was this step carried out first?

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!