Vu Solo using OpenAAF has slowed to the point of being unusable

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 842 times. The last Post () by markeh.

• Hi,

I'm using the backup openAAF from the solo downloads on this site, it has been really great definitely the most stable image I've used.

However I went away for a few days and returned, switched on the receiver and found it unbearably slow. Every remote control response is slow, the picture is breaking up at regular intervals, cross epg won't finish a download it gets to a point and restarts.

That leads me to believe it is low on memory? The memory information reads:

RAM
    total memory - 106244
    free memory - 12448
    Buffers - 552
    Cached - 8408
    Total swap - 0
    Free swap - 0

FLASH
    total - 100.5
    free - 19.1

I'm also using a 2tb hard drive. Do any of the above numbers suggest a critically low amount of free memory that would cause problems? Should I set up a swap file on usb?

The only other thing I can think of causing a problem is downloading an update to the airplayer plugin not too long before I left.

I can always restore from a backup which is a little old but I'd prefer not to and work out what the problem is. Any advice would be great, thanks.

• The epg goes on the hard drive, I'll get the swap file a go. Is there any linux equivalent to task manager to see if something is eating the cpu?

• Try the command top it will show what load is on the CPU..

thanks, I gave it a go...

Don't really see anything standing out. I'll give the swap file a shot then flash again, it's painful to use like this.

• Are you also storing your picons on the hdd?
    This could be the lagging issue, unplug the hdd restart & see if things improve.

Yes, I tried that and it seemed to speed up but then crashed. I think I'll just go with a reflash to be safe.

Thanks for the help

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!