Amiko Alien 2 v VU+Solo2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,320 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• wondered if anyone had any direct comparisons between above boxes. I fancied the VU but in the end went for Alien based on price and comments that it did everything the VU did and also had dual boot. However I have to say that the Enigma side seems very unstable to me (although I have nothing to compare to ). Oscam seems to keep freezing up on Enigma but it is much better on Spark side. However I wanted the flexibilty of Enigma as I already have a Spiderbox which as you know is closed source but has been a good reliable receiver and still works. I am beginning to think maybe I made a mistake and am considering selling Alien. I have seen on some threads that Enigma is not particularly suited to Alien because of the type of chipit has. Does this still hold true. Having said all this it has to be said that the picture on the Alien is fantastic. All comments much appreciated

• How anybody can compare the Alien 2 against the Solo 2 is beyond me. Unfortunately you are another person that has been taken in by the Alien 2s supposed impressive specification. I doubt you will get anywhere near what you paid for it if you sell it so to be honest i would just persevere with it, keep it as a second box for the bedroom and hope that one day a stable image works with it, as they are getting better. I would then go out and buy a MIPS based box if you want to use Enigma 2 on it.

The picture quality is good on the Alien 2 box although to me that is irrelevant if the box keeps green screening and freezing up all the time. I would give the PKT Hyperion image a go. It runs sweet on my nBox which although it doesn't share the exact same chipset as the Alien 2 it is still an SH4 type architecture that it uses.

I take it you were taken in by the comments on the main retailers of this boxes forum? Yes he took me in as well, although fortunately mine developed a fault so i just sent it back which was a battle in itself.

I've now had four SH4 boxes and in my opinion the Alien 2 was the worst out of the lot of them. Unfortunately you get what you pay for these days.

Nano

• thanks Nano,

yes I agree with what you say. It's not a disaster and maybe one day will get there. Think I will have to persevere till funds are available, and summer is supposed to be here so won't be watching so much TV. But eventually will get new box. I'll keep an eye on this forum for any developments. I will give that image a try. Just tried the latest HDMU but couldn't get oscam to work and a few other problems with plugins. Not a bad image though

• You just stick the emu in the right folder with the PKT image and it appears in the emu list from the blue button. You just have to stick the configs in VAR/KEYS and the OSCam file in VAR/EMU and your done. Don't forget to change the permissions of the added files though. It needs to be (CHMOD) 755.

Nano

• Spot on Nano, I fell for it also.....alien box is poo compared to vu or even unibox is 10x a better box imho

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!