problem with ubuntu server

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 487 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi guys,

About many years i have been using a DM500HD as a cccam server.
    Now i installed ubuntu on my pc with cccam 2.1.4

I notice something strange when i use the ubutu as cccam server.
    Many channels take a long time before they open, and some even do not open.
    If i connect the dm500hd as cccam server, the channels open very quickly without any problems. I expected that the ubuntu server should be quicker, but i think probably something is wrong on my
    ubuntu server.

Any idea?

• Official Post

When you are using a pc server you can only view the cards you have reshare allowed on the DM500HD because there is an extra hop between the two, take a look at CS Studio/CCcam info on both machines and all will become clear.

• Official Post

In plain english you lose a hop
    your 1's become 2's and so on ..

True but i wouldn't put it as loosing a hop, on your hop1 cards they will clear just as fast as they did using stb as server and you still can reshare them the same as on the DM, the difference is you can no longer view those without reshare which even with a handful of peers could mean a large number of providers.
    The bottom line is that you will need to share with alot more on this setup but the pc server will allow you to do this.

• The way around this is to use Oscam as a server. It is a learning curve, and needs to be calmed down with a lot of messing, but if you get it right, you can ignore reshare values for the account you set up for your local receiver. NEVER do this for remote share, because this would be considered stealing.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!