thatfellow: a gent and true asset to Linuxsat.

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,891 times. The last Post () by brendanj9554.

• Hey guys, I thought that I would start a thread and let you all know that I am a firm believer that there are indeed genuine nice people out there who would selflessly go out of there way to help out a novice,

I had forum mod thatfellow helping me out today with a setup I am not to familiar with,
    This guy is very knowledgeable and patient to boot.

I have learned many new things just by observing him on teamviewer,

Hopefully this thread will not cause any embarrassment for him, but I believe one good deed deserves another.
    I feel privileged to be part of such a great forum and I believe that the staff in particular go to great lengths to make it the friendliest and up to date forum out there,

I will be sending a donation on behalf of thatfellow to the forum,

Just wanted to share me experience with other forum members, thanks guys/gals and a big thank you again to thatfellow :)

• Now now come on im not that good ive a beamer now i just like a bit of banter :sun:

You guys deserve all the praise you get, it's the only forum i know of where members don't heckle and spoof novices with genuine questions or when they need help.

• Wish there more people like thatfelow who has bent over backwords in helping us out when most needed and not forgetting the rest of you that have contributed to this amazing site

regards
    MR-T

• I will have to second all the motions, some of the lads here are probably
    the best and very helpfull and THATFELLOW helped a lot again today
    he goes above and beyond helping thanks lads he deserved the mod job
    if i was buliding a massive server i take ye all as staff he he

Hopefully this thread will not cause any embarrassment for him

Too sure its embarrassing m8, ha ha.. Ah thanks anyway buddy, Glad to help out... I got endless hours of help from the team here when I was starting out.
    What comes around goes around & that's the way it should be and that is the difference between linuxsat & all the rest!

PPS.. When I saw my name in the thread at first, I thought it was someone having a rant about me, lol.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I agree, it has to be the best site for helping novices like myself and others, refering to Brendans post (I have learned many new things just by observing him on teamviewer)
    maybe a dumb question but is that like a video tut or something?

• I agree, it has to be the best site for helping novices like myself and others, refering to Brendans post (I have learned many new things just by observing him on teamviewer)
    maybe a dumb question but is that like a video tut or something?

its a remote desktop buddy. so another user can access your comp and solve problems you may be having.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!