Option for Power Management on Vu Duo with BlackHole Image ???

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,714 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi Guys,

Long time no see or hear lol

I have Vu Duo with Black Hole Image 2.0.1 20-3-2013

does anyone know if there is an option as i cant see it for power management as i want vu duo to reboot automatically once a day ?

Thanks
    carmine

• Hi Carmine,

Blackhole is at version 2.0.3 now bud, would be worth your while updating the image. There is a plugin now on blackhole for "autoshutdown" not in front of my box now to check but I think you can use this to reboot your box at a set time, if not you could use the cron manager.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Another option as mentioned by mckee25 is to use cron..

FTP into your box & add this line:

Code
    30 6 * * *    /sbin/reboot

**Reboots the box at 6.30am every morning**

to this file:

Code
    /etc/cron/root

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi Carmine,

Blackhole is at version 2.0.3 now bud, would be worth your while updating the image. There is a plugin now on blackhole for "autoshutdown" not in front of my box now to check but I think you can use this to reboot your box at a set time, if not you could use the cron manager.

hi mckee,

thanks for quick response

i have looked in cron manager and found that you can choose option for vu to reboot and what time then you can save but when i leave page and go back does not show any confirmation that it will do so and nothing listed if you know what i mean lol ?

• Hello mate was doing it as i mentioned through vu menu didnt think i could do through ftp ??
    Thanks for that will try

• off topic ish) i know but as this is about auto shutdown etc i thought i'd chip in. In ViX ( yes i know here he goes again about that flaming ViX image when the thread is about BH, but bear with me ).

In ViX you have a feature called power timers, this plugin was specifically rewritten by andy to provide such a function and much much more, you can set timers from here for auto shutdown, reboot, power up at any time.

For example you want the receiver to go into deepstandby but want it to wake again for the EPG ang again go back into deepstandyby afterwards then awake for breakfast every day,

you set the power timers to go into deepstandby at say 01:11, then wake at 04:00 for the EPG to download at 04:15 then again go back into deepstandby at 04:25 and once again wake at say 07:00 in time for the kids to get up and get ready for school. Now i'm vastly simplifying things here but i hope to be ale to show just a little of what is possible with dedicated embedded features rather than tacked on plugins in a image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Perfect, does it have to be downloaded from feeds as I could not find it on my ViX (after a very quick look). I would much rather a tried & tested feature rather than using cron & perhaps impeding other scripts or process's?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Perfect, does it have to be downloaded from feeds as I could not find it on my ViX (after a very quick look). I would much rather a tried & tested feature rather than using cron & perhaps impeding other scripts or process's?

i'm not near a receiver to check the exact path and this laptop is just about to implode so forgive me if i just vanish all of a sudden but it's built rite into the image as standard like andy's other pet projects.

I have to give that guy his due he's a bloody coding genius, he literally dreams of new features to be added to the image when he has the time.

He has over the last few months re-written timers / power timers, zap timers etc all into a single plugin.
    EPG functionality, Graphical EPG, allowing you to pull up the bouquet rite there in the middle of the graphical EPG
    Timeshift and Auto timers have also been merged into one single function allowing you to seamlessly record multiple events in a session and have those events saved as individual recordings instead of one large timeshift file.

again i'm vastly over simplifying things but i just can not explain in the rite words the work andy puts into ViX to make it in my opinion the only image worth using.

• Thanks pheonix didnt know that always good to learn, but really dont want tochange blackhole image i think there the best looking ones, i had a vix image last year and didnt like look of it lol

• Thanks pheonix didnt know that always good to learn, but really dont want tochange blackhole image i think there the best looking ones, i had a vix image last year and didnt like look of it lol

No worries, and please dont think that i'm bagging BH as thats not my intention, i know a lot of the BH team and have a massive amount of respect for their work, just offering up a alternative solution.

The thing is we have a good range of images to choose from and what suits me is not necessarily the same as what would be best for some one else, but it is nice to have that choice.

• You have autoshutdown on BH and you also have set sleeptimer on BH ,,
    its a matter of adjusting them to your wants/needs,
    you also have cron manager (blue-blue) where again you adjust/add to your needs ,
    either a predefined command to execute or a custom command..
    it´s a matter of trying things out and posting your results for others to follow ;)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!