satellite sharing and cable reeiver

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,169 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a cs server running with people all have satellites, but one guy connecting trough a cable receiver box? And if it is, does it work the same way. Does that guy only need a cline like the rest, even though he receives his channels via the cable net.

I know he needs his cable net open, so he needs to pay for the minimum channels, but is this at all possible or does everyone need to be either sat users or cable users when doing cs?

thx

• this is possible.... in spain there are premium terrestrial channels which are shared over the net.
    REMEMBER to recieve sat channels you must have a sat reciever ,likewise for cable, dvbT ,etc...

• so if I have a friend who cannot put up a dish, he can just buy a cable receiver and be on the same cs network as me, even though I use a dish?

btw you wrote cable, dvbt etc. Thought those where the same? you need a cable reeiver with dvbt tuner or am I wrong?

• if your friend wants to recieve cable tv channels from a server then the server has to have a cable tv valid uptodate subscription ,if they want to recieve sat channels then the server has to have a sat subscription. etc..
    you cannot receive something from someone who doesnt have the subscription..another thing to remember is that the cable card can be shared or not...
    cable is NOT dvbT ( also known as DTT or TDT)
    Of course this is all just my theory as many countries do not permit the card sharing...and I quote:
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Shares.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• from my own experience , it wont work.. people on cable cant connect to sat, tru there cable box. there are people out there that sell boxes for cable, but your friend is better off spending about 150 for box and dish, for a bit of comfort

• okay, I was just thinking that if he was not able to get any signal from his position. But I guess it cannot be done then, thx for you answers

• from my own experience , it wont work.. people on cable cant connect to sat, tru there cable box. there are people out there that sell boxes for cable, but your friend is better off spending about 150 for box and dish, for a bit of comfort

I beg to differ....I know of azbox combos ( sat+dvbT tuners) sharing their DVB-T premium local card (caid:1812:6e11) through the net and peers recieving the ecms and opening the said channels through a penstick DVBT ( which is terrestrial) using hadu or having a DMT box as client. this is also possible for cable as long as the sub card can be shared..
    I invite you to reread my original post again slowly ;)
    to open sat channels,the server has to have a satbox + sub to send ecms to the peer and to recieve cable channels the server needs to have a cablebox+ sub to send ecms to the peer..
    sat frequencies run at a completely different frequency to cable or DTT,,so it?s obvious that a cable box cannot recieve sat channel signals,,but could in theory, could receive cable ecms/emms from a cable sub,,,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!