Dm800 clone running hot.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,194 times. The last Post () by hamborambo.

• I've got a Dm800 clone acting as a server in my mates house but it is running hot all the time, even in standby.
    When he tries to use the box sometimes it locks up and needs a reboot. Its running the latest dreamelite blackhole from this site.

I know that clones run hot and that the server is still running in standby but my question is if i Install a fan in the hard drive cradle area will the fan still run in standby? I suppose it depends on where i take the power from on the pcb.

The other option is to use my dm500 as a server in his house and just let him use the Dm800 for viewing. Would this be a better option?

I have a small fan i bought a few years back fo my Humax 5400 so i might try it out.

• Hi, thanks for the reply.

Just wondering if there is much noise from the cooler, also does it run when the box is in standby, ie is the Usb port powered in standby?

I'll have a look on the web and see whats available.

• Hi the one I have is a cheap signalex one off ebay for around ?3. Its very quiet but the airflow is not the best but I think it does enough to keep the temperature down a bit.

The usb ports are powered whenever the box has power so the usb fan will still run when the dreambox is on standby. I've just put one of the usb extender cables into the back on the Dreambox so I can gain access to a usb port to easily unplug the fan. I just plug it in when watching tv on the and unplug it when its in standby.

• Poundland have them also! They have a stupid bright blue light that gets on your nerves abit tho! But they do the trick in keeping the box cool! Im sure if i took abit time and disconnected a wire and taped it up that problem would go away!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!