How do I upgrade to the latest Vix Image

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,422 times. The last Post () by maxie.

• basically i want to know if you are getting wget errors which would signal to me that you are one of a growing number of users who has been infected by a linux based virus, if this is the case this virus has likely been dormant in your router and latched it self onto your receiver likely due to you using default or no login details.

read this thread.

http://linuxsat-support.com/sa…word-your-receiver-s.html

The way to get rid if infected is to Factory reset your router to purge that of the infection and change your login details, then reflash the receiver and change the default login details on that too.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Hi where is the Vu+control centre is it on my box thanks

no m8, Vu+control centre is an application you install to your Windows PC to Administer your VU+

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• if your using windows vista / 7 enable the inbuilt telnet client.

Code
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/910.how-to-enable-telnet-client-in-windows-7.aspx

once thats enabled hit the windows key ( next to the ALT key ) then type telnet 192.168.0.15 ( using your receivers ip of course ) and hit enter. a new box will appear asking you to login ( these are your receivers login details ) once logged in type opkg update then hit enter and let us know the results.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• EDIT: Sorry m8 Just realised you are using MAXDIGITAL XP1000MK (I mixed up threads)..
    You might have to use basic telnet client as suggested by phoenix

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi I have connected in VUCC typed my Ip address and another page opens with a lot of writing not sure what to do in there

• Hi pheonix mate sorry do I use VUCC to do what you said or do I go to the Max receiver to do it cheers hope you ca help take care

• Hi I would need to Install everything then it took me a while to get to where I am now LOL cheers take care

Doesn't take long to install everything from scratch - do it a few times and you get used to it and can get back to where you were in a matter of minutes. You have your plugin feeds from ViX, most of what you need is there, just back up any CCcam and/or Oscam config files first...

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi thanks sounds good to me cheers ,would you help me do it from scratch where would I get the latest Vix Image for it and so on hope you will thanks again take care

• Hi guys I want to do a reflash but not sure where to start as this box was all done for me when i got it ,would it be possible for you guys to help me put me in the right direction ,what image I need and the latest build ,hope you can cheers take care best regards

• Read how to flash another image on your stb : http://linuxsat-support.com/mk…mk-maxdigital-xp1000.html
    I would go for this image created by Master G as a starter :http://linuxsat-support.com/mk…ymod-backup-master-g.html
    but as you really want to learn then you need to start reading and paying attention to details.
    Choose whichever image you like from here : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    Remember, although it seems frustrating and complex, the fun of all of this is trial and error learning and then see and enjoy the result..

• Thanks thats very helpfull cheers ill have a go ,I got a little question when I reflash with the latest Image would the latest build be in there or do it need Installing seperatly thanks again take care

• Hi well I did a Factory Reset and now my Dongle is working which it wasnt before the factory reset but still cant flash the box it dont want to know

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!