Problems with AutoBouquetsMaker on Vix 3.0.678 image

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,324 times. The last Post () by Bazigar007.

• Hi,

I downloaded the above version onto my ultimo box and have tried the autoboutique plug in, however when I go to start scan it trys to tune but then says 'time out for tuner lock'

Can anyone help on this - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your tutorial but still come up with the same problem and message. With the epg set up what settings should they be on?

Thanks for help so far

• I had a similar problem last week that was caused by having 2x satellites.xml files on my box.. There is the ViX version located at:
    etc/tuxbox

and then there is another working version that is generated when you add bouquets from settings file located at:
    etc/enigma2
    (This file will only contain transponder information for satellites in the last channel list you added)

If you delete the satellites.xml file in the etc/enigma2 folder and reboot, your tuners should revert to the master file at etc/tuxbox which contains transponder information for all sats.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi,

THanks for the post. I checked for the second file on etc/enigma but could not find an additonal one there. There is only one in the etc/tuxbox file.

Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks

• Do you have a single tuner receiver, and if so, are you recording or streaming something on a different position at the same time as trying to use this plugin?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Not getting any issues here with this. sometimes when you are stuck with something and really need the feature, it pays to back up any configs, reflash and start again, especially if you know that the feature was working before!

• Just recreated this after reflashing a clean image. You are getting tuner lock because it is unable to locate a service to actually find the information it needs. Ensure that your tuner is configured properly for the satellite you need to grab the bouquets from, and make sure that you don't have tuners configured for the satellite unless it is attached to a dish that can get that satellite. Then do a manual scan of that satellite to ensure autobouquets is able to select a service (alternatively, download a settings file). Once you have done the scan, try running the autobouquets scan again.

• Just recreated this after reflashing a clean image. You are getting tuner lock because it is unable to locate a service to actually find the information it needs. Ensure that your tuner is configured properly for the satellite you need to grab the bouquets from, and make sure that you don't have tuners configured for the satellite unless it is attached to a dish that can get that satellite. Then do a manual scan of that satellite to ensure autobouquets is able to select a service (alternatively, download a settings file). Once you have done the scan, try running the autobouquets scan again.

ABM does not need a scan to be run or a bouquet pack loaded prior to being run for the first time or any time for that matter. as long as you have your tuners setup accordingly so that it can get a lock on the satellites it is to scan, thats all that is needed. I have made hundreds of scans with ABM and never once needed to make a scan first.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I am just posting what my experience was. That is all. I was getting the error, so I did what I did, and it worked. If it was merely a coincidence, or there was something else that I did that caused the fix without me knowing then fair enough - but this is a support forum where you share your experiences to help others. I am a user, not a developer so I am not going to have loads of technical knowledge, but where no one else is presenting a solution, then there is no harm in trying.

• Tried to search again with a b m and still getting no data found, removed *** uk and selected *** Scotland as that is new, a b m worked fine :) hope this helps.

• Hi, Ive installed the autobouquetmaker via the remote in plugins, there were 3 of them, abm, abm src, abm po.
    I installed all 3 but it gets stuck on 'about' when i go into it.
    I re flashed my box and started again but this time abm src and abm po wont install. It comes up with could not install as no dvbreader and can not allocate memory.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• src = source files, so people can adapt or update the plugin to their needs as required
    po = Translation files, so that users can translate the plugin for their native language thus helping us and the community as a whole.

if all you need is the plugin you only need the base ABM plugin, and you did not list which image or build number, this info will help us to better help you.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I had this issue and worked out that my reason was because i have 4 tuners and all 4 where configured but i only had 2 cables connected. i disabled the 2 without cables and it worked first time.

Maybe this will help someone with extra tuners

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!