gigablue quad

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,025 times. The last Post () by nano.

• WIll any of the vix images work on a new gigablue quad.
    Will I need to install new drivers or bootloaders, at the moment just using the image that came on the receiver.

thanks for any help

• Official Post

WIll any of the vix images work on a new gigablue quad.
    Will I need to install new drivers or bootloaders, at the moment just using the image that came on the receiver.
    thanks for any help

Yes they do look here for the latest image build --> OpenViX Downloads..

Image comes with drivers, bootloaders needed pre-installed, so just flash the latest build..

• Look in top menu buddy

OpenVix

Open that and scroll down to Gigablue Quad and there you will find latest version for you box (will be standard though no plugins)

Doesn't seem to be a LinuxSat Support backup image so you could be the 1st to create one lol!

Download latest version, perhaps also the LSS addons panel to get quick access to main stuff!

If you need a hand with any plugins or problems post back buddy!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks for the reply people, this is going to be all new to me. So be warned I will have lots of questions to come.

I will defintely be doing a backup when I get a little more confident with the box and knowing everything is working as it should be. And it will be uploaded here, but it will only be for a fixed dish 28.2, that's my next project upgrading dish with 4 lnbs.

At the moment I have an amiko alien triple tuner.

Which version do I download of Linuxsat-Support-Addons:

*enigma2-plugin-extensions-linuxsat-support-addons_1.0_mips32el.ipk
    *enigma2-plugin-extensions-linuxsat-support-addons_1.0_mipsel.ipk

Once again thanks guys.

• You will notice a massive difference between the Gigablue and the Alien. Even my Gigablue Solo which is the very base model walked all over the Alien 2 i had. If you need any help with the Gigablue, just ask mate, i'll be more than happy to help.

Nano

• Ok guys need some help, Just started messing with quad today.
    How do I install an ipk file.
    I am trying to install Linux support addons, to install an version of oscam.
    Ps what is the best version of oscam to install.
    I have tried to install from the plugins server but keep getting error messages.
    On the alien I ftp the file to temp.
    Then install local extension and reboot box.
    But the only folder I can see on the gigablue receiver is /var/volatile/tmp
    I am not that good with the command line, terminal.

At the moment it is on the default image openmips 2.0, kernel version 3.5.1 if this helps want to get this image right sorted before I move up to vix

Thanks guys.

• Did that mate its not showing up,
    Ok could i just extract the ipk file and ftp the usr folder over to "/"
    I know you can do this on the alien but not sure about this image over receiver.

Does vix support the dvb-t tuner for the saorview channels

Thanks anyway bud

• Official Post

Did that mate its not showing up,
    Ok could i just extract the ipk file and ftp the usr folder over to "/"
    I know you can do this on the alien but not sure about this image over receiver.

Does vix support the dvb-t tuner for the saorview channels

Thanks anyway bud

You could try to unzip with 7-zip and manually ftp the folders then reboot..

Done a quick google search and the openvix image does support dvb-t tuners, not sure what tuner you have or if their feeds have the compatible drivers available though..

• I got the dvb-t tuner installed when I bought it.
    How and which folders do I ftp over and where, sorry about all the questions guys,
    really appreciate the help though and which version of oscam should I use.

Thanks

• Any of the ones found here.

Code
    http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=1.20_TRUNK/mips-tuxbox-oe2.0

Don't try any of the ones you may have for your Alien as they won't work as the are designed for a SH4 CPU not a MIPS one.

Just make sure you use a version of OSCam that can read your card as there are some lite versions posted that only do Nagra, seca and Viaacess cards.

If you like MIPS try the Powerboard image which can be found at this link. It has all the emus you will need on its plugins server.

Code
    http://www.pb-download.com/images/

I would recommend the VIX image though if i'm totally honest. Even though no cams appear on the plugin server installing cams is easy on VIX as you can just ftp the file over to the usr/softcams folder and it will appear in the cams softcams section within the image.

It saves all the faffing about trying to find the correct IPK file. Thats how it works on both of my Gigablue boxes anyway.

The plugins folder is also very comprehensive and the image is a doddle to get it to work with a Smargo or USB DVB-T stick.

It takes me minutes to get the box up and running from a fresh install using an FTP program and Dreambox edit.

Nano

• Official Post

I have extracted the folders with 7-zip, download the attached file, make sure you have winrar installed, right click on the attachment and choose extract here with winrar, you will see a LinuxsatSupportAddons folder..

FTP this folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions, right click on the linuxsatsupportaddons folder and make sure it has 755 attributes / permissions then full reboot the receiver.. You should see it in plugins or extensions menu..

Can`t recommend the best oscam for openmips image, but if you had openvix we could link latest stable working versions..

• thanks that work a treat.
    but I am getting a message:
    wget bad address 'linux-support.com

I might just give up on it and and admit defeat, and install vix thanks guys for all help and hope I did not wast your time

• Thats what the hobby is about, you don't learn if you don't ask.

As for wasting anybodies time thats not the case either.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!