Box Upgrade help on motorised install

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 578 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Hope someone can help out with this. A mate has a motorized install and Tm1500 which he's not used for ages. Offered to upgrade his box and took over a TM nano last night. I've not had a motor setup so may have made some basic errors but :

On the 1500 I can steer the dish from sat to sat happily, although only tried 19.2, 28.2 and 13. Appears to be setup as Diseqc 1.2.

The Nano came pre-loaded with OpenPli and set for a USALS motor setup.

Without changing anything on 1st attempt the nano did locate 28.2. After that any change in sat would fail to locate successfully.

Located the lat and long settings and set accordingly. there were also settings for motor speed which I didn't change but didn't know either.

It appeared that when moving the dish it would miss the spot and carry on past the correct position - at least once panning to 28.2 BBC1 cleared briefly as the dish passed the position.

Plugging back the 1500 I can move from sat to sat fine.

My thoughts are :

a) Dish motor not trued to 0 / 0.8?

b) there is s chunk of setup I have missed out on for motorized on the new box

c) the motor installed isn't USALS

Any pointers greatfully received.

• Sounds very much like the Initial Install was setup with Diseqc 1.2 as this is a little more forgiving than USALS install which has to be pretty much spot on for it to work, As you have already found out by setting the USALS co-ordinates and the motor drives past the satellite which means the motor is compatible but the dish needs re-aligning spot on for it to work correctly.

May sound a ball ache but you will have to load a Motorised channel list and then setup once again each and every satellite you want and store these via the Diseqc 1.2 system or re-align the dish either yourself or get someone else to do it.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!