AMG 588 Firmware Needed

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,508 times. The last Post () by immmy.

• I was given a sat box which says DVB HD on the front, the model is AMG 588 seems to work like an openbox. Problem is it was pin protected so i flashed openbox firmware but nothing seems to work just says openbox on startup or ***box depending on firmware i flash but will go no further and remote is unresposive any help please.

• Official Post

I was given a sat box which says DVB HD on the front, the model is AMG 588 seems to work like an openbox. Problem is it was pin protected so i flashed openbox firmware but nothing seems to work just says openbox on startup or ***box depending on firmware i flash but will go no further and remote is unresposive any help please.

From googling the model it looks to me like a clone dm500 rather than openbox but looking at the specs obviously not.

Product Description
    Mutiple functions as the DM series, it agrees with need of the market and the need of the customers. Meanwhile, besting selling including DM 800HD, DM 500s, the quality is cosider to be the best.

Product Feature
    Features (AMG 588) - 396 MHz ALi Processor M3602 - MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding - Support 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i - Tuner: DVB-S2 - 1 x Smartcard Reader - RS232 Interface - 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface - 1 x Scart (FBAS, RGB or YPbPr) - HDMI - 1 x USB 2.0 - S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3) - 4 MByte Serial Flash, 128 MByte RAM - DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 support, 13/18V, 0/22K LNB control - 5000 channels for TV/Radio - Channel-change time < 1 second - Blind scan - EPG (Electronic Program Guide) - OSD in many languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Thai etc.) - Support Subtitle and Teletext - Software upgrade by USB - Support TWIN/SSSP/CCCam/NewCam/MgCam - Record Manager and Media Player - External 12V power supply
    Product Specification/Models
    Digital Satellite Equipment Control (SPECIFICATION) EPG. Electronic Program Guide. Software that enables viewers to navigate easily among the large selection of channels provided by the digital technology and choose the service they desire FEC. Forward Error Correction. Correction of faulty bits in the received signal LNB(low-noise block converter). The LNB is an electronic unit mounted on the satellite dish. It receives the signals reflected by the dish and converts them to signals that can be used by Satellite Receiver Parental control. A feature that allows parents to lock programs that they consider unsuitable for their children. A locked channel or program can only be unlocked with the password PIN code. Personal Identification Number. A four digital code that is used for locking/unlocking channels and programs. as in the parental control feature Polarization. Polarization allows several programs to be fitted into the same frequency band. The signals from a satellite are transmitted either with linear _vertical or horizontal) polarization or circular (right or left) polarization. RS 232. Serial communication standard data port Satellite dish. A dish-shaped antenna to receive signals from a satellite. The dish focuses the signals into the LNB. Scrambled satellite TV program. Some satellite TV programs are transmitted in scrambled forms. smartcard and possibly a CA module is needed to view such programs. Symbol Rate. Size of the digital package transmission

Found here.

Code
    http://dvbbox.en.ecplaza.net/hd-tv-set-top-box--297315-2271726.html

• But cant find the right firmware for it....
    still loooking ;)

• Has anyone managed to get hold of the firmware for this box (AMG 588s)?
    Tried emailing manufacturer but no reply as of yet.
    only hope is if someone with same box is willing to backup there firmware and post link, or if someone knows where to find it?

any and help is appreciated.

thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!