openbox S9 and checking cline reliability

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,033 times. The last Post () by madasafish.

• At long last, I have managed to get a free test cline. It works :eyebrows: It is only for 24 hours but it keeps on freezing to the point the "scrambled" pop-up box appears and then disappears with the picture resuming. Clearly this is not acceptible but it is only a test cline.

Is there a way on an openbox to check the reliability/speed of a cline?

Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

• At the moment there is no way of checking reliability/speed on the openbox. A lot of time it is quite difficult to get a good reliable cline. Are you downloading anything while you are watching tv, this can sometimes cause channel break up.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Are you doing anything else with your internet connection while watching tv?

Sorry but it sounds to me like the line you've been given is coming from an overloaded server. Can you get another line from someone else to test?

• The test cline I received originally was from a payserver. A kind member of this forum provided another test cline and that 2nd cline was as if I had a local. Fast channel changes and not a single freeze.

With the help of this forum I now know what to expect from a good cline.

Thank-you linuxsat-shares and more importantly the forum member.

Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!