*** cable splitter help needed?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 404 times. The last Post () by brendanj9554.

• Hi everyone
    is ther any way i can split the feed from one port on the lnb to feed two boxes. I have a vu+duo in the living room which uses two feeds for two tuners. I have a arriva mini in the bedroom that has one feed to a single tuner. Was just wondering if i could have the *** box and vu+duo side by side in the living room without running more cables.

Thanks in advance

If possible could anyone post links to possible hardware needed. ie splitters etc. Preferably from Amazon

Thanks again

• unlikey it would work pal, having done a quick search on the world wide, this has been covered before >

When the signal via a cable hits the back of the box it THEN gets decoded - in a Sly+ box there are TWO decoders - hence the need for TWO cables (this then gives the ability to watch and record TWO different channels, as each 'signal' is being independantly decoded, and either made available to view OR record - the problem in spiltting a cable is all about impedence, so a VDA (video distribution amp) may be required if the cable run from the box to the dish is too long, as by splitting the cable you are reducing the 'noise' level of the signal, and if this level is reduced to much, no picture! By using a VDA you therefore amplify the signal allowing it to be split without signal degredation - all very simple and all very basic electrictronics

By using a VDA you therefore amplify the signal allowing it to be split without signal degredation > possible to split the feeds without losing picture etc.

as each 'signal' is being independantly decoded, and either made available to view OR record > would not be able to use ie: box upstairs & downstairs at same time due to split signal

by far the easiest way to solve your problem would be to bite the bullet, buy a quad lnb and extra coax cable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!