"I have managed to setup 5 Satellites"

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,219 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Many thanks cazuela, I have read the post that there is a bug in the latest image so I'll go one lower and try it out. One big question if I do upgrade do I have to reconfig all sats and channels again? I am getting quicker at it now, with all the practice I've had. A smaller question where do I load ts panel or a link on the forum to guide me? I have searched, but obviously put into the search engine the question.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• cant get into vu+, boot manager not found in dcc. what have i done? updated to image 3.0.668 i think the startup screen is the bike rider.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Right thats 7 sats, 5W, 0.8W, 13E, 16E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28E scanned and 'hd' is not too bad. Just gotta sort favourites out now. I b***** swore when a little voice said, "OO! I don't like that, it reminds of a Samsung TV we saw a few years ago". I personally liked it and from where I sit you can hardly see the frame, neat touch I thought. Well there you go???

• Are you talking about setting the screen in user interface ? remember to press green or next time you reboot it will be back to the way it was lol, I still cant understand why you need to scan and set favorites when you can use catseyes settings , ?? youll know best you have been at it long enough :10lol: sorry couldnt resist that one

• I know, :loleng: us English are a bit slow, lol, but Iv'e been waiting for the sat engineer to come back and just tweek the dish. All it needed was a a small amout of skew on the lnb, now it is back like it was about 14yrs ago on it's first install. What I mean about favourites is the way I want them, ie: BBC East, BBC 2, Anglia ITV, Cnannel 4, Channel 5 etc: etc: Dont want 'Marysia' my wife to get too confused, lol. Setup virtually the same as the TV is setup. Thanks again stevejo for your halp so far, and the rest of the forum for pointing me the right direction. This is some 'BOX' what can't I don't know yet??? I was reading, from a printout about 'dvbsnoop', can't find that anywhere in any folders in vu+. Do I really need it?? now to configure 'My Favourites List' and to suss out C***** and the like??
    btw; How is the new dish project coming along?

• I thought I should put some input into the forum; after all the help I have been given setting up my VU+ Solo2.
    These are my tuners setups with a single output LNB, 1.2CM Dish, Inverto LNB, VBox, 36vdc Actuator.

First, find your Latitude and Longitude, this has been mentioned before on this forum, see 'satsigs' website for help.

Press menu-then setu-press OK-goto System Searching-Tuner Configuration-press OK on Tuner 'A'
    Configuration mode scroll left/right to Advanced see below for my setup:-

I have numbered the LNB's 1 for 19.2E, LNB2 for 16.0E 3 for 13.0E and so on for the rest of the satellites.

Configuration mode______________ Advanced
    Satellite ______________________ 19.2E Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C
    LNB__________________________ LNB 1
    Priority_______________________ Auto
    LOF_________________________ Universal LNB
    Voltage mode_________________ Polarisation
    Increased voltage_____________ Yes
    Tone mode___________________ Band
    DiSEqC mode_________________ 1.2
    Fast DiSEqC _________________ No
    Sequence repeat______________ No
    Command order______________ committed,toneburst
    Uncommitted DiSEqC repeats___ None
    DiSEqC repeats______________ None
    Longitude___________________ your longitude
    East
    Latitude____________________ your latitude
    North
    Use USALS for this sat________ No
    Stored position______________ 001
    Turning step size [*] _________ default
    Horizontal turning speed [*/sec]_ default
    Vertical turning speed [*/sec]___ default

Press OK, goes back to Choose tuner, choose tuner 'B' press OK.

Configuration mode___________ simple
    Mode_______________________ single
    Satellite____________________ nothing connected
    Send DiSEqC________________ yes

I hope this is of some help to anyone coming into Linux based receivers.

Sorry if it all looks a bit messy, but could never get to grips with typing.

MOST Important! when you are finished and everything works SAVE your settings

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!