"I have managed to setup 5 Satellites"

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,220 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Good evening gentlemen,
    Sorry to keep bothering you,

Hooray :haha: I have managed, with forums help and a very knowledgeable college, to setup and tune into 5 sats, with a MkI Vbox. From 28.2E, to 0.8W. All I have to do now is? make favourites for the channels I wish to view. Am I right in assuming, that to do this I have to setup 1 sat and then start configuring my "Favourites??". This was so much easier on my 'OLD' TM-6900. We have to move forward though don't we?? Guidence in the right direction appreciated. After all channels are scanned and saved in a/all satellites do I then, press 'up' arrow, press 'blue button' and then? I seemed to get lost from there.

All/any help gratefuuly appreciated, (again)

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hi cazuela, and many thanks for your reply. Yes I can connect to vu+ solo2 via ftp and telnet. I am wary of changing any of the software code on the solo2, I don't want to corrupt enigma2 with any dodgy input from me?? I have looked at plugins and tried to download more but am unsure what/how to do this. Sats so far locked into solo2, 28.2E,19.2E,16.0E, 10.0E and 0.8W. Call me a plonker, I keep forgetting to press the TV button on the solo2 remote to start the favourites list after scanning the sats.

Cheers for the info,

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Do I need a hard drive or a spare usb flash? Sorry for asking stupid questions, but having a bit of trouble with the supplier of the new polar mount,(used my existing one in the end), I just want a returns label and my money back. I will be ringing my C. Card co, disputes dept tomorrow. Thanks for the info

• Thank you guys. I have all those sats in, channels scanned, but when I come to favourites, I get a message "tuner timed out or no signal" something like that??? This is doing my head in? For instance, 19.2E is sitting at 80%, all cnannels tuned. 28.2E is sitting at 100%, to be expected, 'foot print' this satellite tells me the same. What have I done wrong? boo,hoo.

Does the hard drive in my pc need to be FAT 32? The spare hard drive is NTFS. I think that this is a daft question, because usb flash drives have to be Fat 32?? also the default format is NTFS???

To play it safe I am of tomorrow to purchase a hard drive for the solo2 and a couple of usb sticks. There is a Maplin's in Colchester, near where I live, and I'll have good look round. PC World, too expensive for the same kit.

• Hope this is helpfull to others?

Sussed! I have just formatted the spare empty hard disk in my pc, which was NTFS, and is now FAT32. I downloaded "FREE Software called AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition. It is very simple to use and can be used on Windows Vista, 7 32bit and 64bit and Windows 8. Thought this might be of interest to others.

• First, Congratulations to stevejo for winning the raffle. beer10 Second thing how do I get rid of sutitles????? I have just installed a new Vix image, Vix Extreme, superb, the handset seems to work better. I was always re-pressing any of the buttons to navigate. I am really chuffed with myself and especially grateful for all the help that this forum has given me. 28.2E setup, now for the other 4 sats.

Please can someone guide me to the "Get rid of Subtitles" please??
    :baffle:

• Many thanks stevejo. I thought I would have to through channel, press audio then remove Teletext 888 with an x and then ok. I'll give it a try.

• Backup saved to pc spare hard disk. My thanks go out to cazuela, tebaa and stevejo who is apperently wireing his new dish or new sat box. Now all I have to do is get my head around this c** business technology and of course plugins.

Thanks again everybody that have held my hand today.

• Right I have all sats in and scanned. Whay is the easiest method of making favourites for 4 other sats? 28.2E is all in a favourites file. Do I just select sats then go through them and see what to choose? Can the headings in favourites be changed? say from Kids to 19.2E? and so on. btw, tried what you said stevejo, but that brings up teletext???

Appreciate your help.

• Thanks again stevejo, I'll try that right now. btw since retiring in 2009, had a heart attack, depression, lost about 3 stone and both hands done for carpel tunnel syndome. These last couple of weeks trying to setup the solo2 I have really enjoyed. Semms as though I was back at work again crawling under printing presses looking for elictricl/electronic faults BUT without getting dirty.

• I know its early, but is there a way of changing favourites headings? I have updated vix image with vix extreme. Scanned and saved 5 sats so far, all channels on each sat. I would like to change say "News" to "Sat 1" I don't know if that makes sense or not or just leave the headings as they are and then just scan different sats into whatever heading already displayed..

• I have another question? I am useing Vix Extreme Image 3.0.574. Should I, 1, upgrade to latest image? 2, in network srtup should DHCP be yes or no. Telnet and FTP both connect. ie: PC to VU+ Solo2 to Router.

Thanks in advance

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!