Vix image size

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 948 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi everyone,
    Newbie question! I see VIX image sizes are quite large, around 1 GB.
    I have my new Solo2 up and running on the standard software, but I haven't got a hard disk for it yet.
    Can I load such a large image without a harddisk present?
    Thanks!, RK

• 1 GB????? no chance buddy!

should be under or around 80-100mb mark me thinks from last checking!

Either way any Image will load/flash onto that box using internal space! just don't add any picons and plugins without
    using USB attached to port or an internal HDD (2.5). But no immediate rush buddy!

Any problems post back!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• OK, thanks, that's good news!
    I'm looking in the wrong place then, I clicked on the Open VIX link at the very top of the board and it shows a listing of images all around 1 Gb.
    RK

• Nahh, the solo2 has more than enough internal storage for picons to be housed on the flash.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Nahh, the solo2 has more than enough internal storage for picons to be housed on the flash.

I was under the impression that picons on the internal flash was a bad idea as it would eventually nacker the flash up and render the box useless from the continual use channel hopping , you learn something new every day

• I was under the impression that picons on the internal flash was a bad idea as it would eventually nacker the flash up and render the box useless from the continual use channel hopping , you learn something new every day

That was once the train of thought, but i have a Duo here that has been going strong for over two years with picons on the Flash.

As a general rule Picons are fine on the flash or USB but not a HDD as it will cause the HDD to spin up every time you change a channel
    EPG is fine on a HDD or USB but never flash, if the EPG corrupts it will fill the flash in no time.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!