Channel glitching when using two boxes

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,565 times. The last Post () by andy123.

• I've got two solos, downstairs is running off a wired connection while upstairs is running off a home plug! Now if I'm using two boxes at the same time then my channels freeze n glitch....I'm using two different ccams so does anyone know why both interfere with each other??

Thanks

• Two different ccams? Take it you mean clines - have you spoken to the person who was so kind enough to give you these clines? Their server might not like the fact that there are two logons from the same IP address.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I had the exact same problem. Maybe its a mac address conflict. Check your mac addresses on both boxes and also the ip addresses.

• What's the mac?? I change the IP address on both boxes but it hasn't made a difference....the cline are both different donuts not the case if using same one! Upstairs seems to react the most and freezes longer!! I use to have a openbox and never had a bother with this....it's only since I started using homeplug as I used a dongle on me openbox

• You can find your mac address if you log in to your router - it looks something like this

00-ae-23-90-f3-01
    or
    00:ae:23:90:f3:01

On your solo you can also find it by pressing menu - selecting Information and then selecting Network.

They should be different, or there could be a conflict.

Try connecting them both to the router direct, and see if there is still a problem. If not, there could be an issue with interference on the homeplugs, which can cause huge packet loss. Perhaps it is an idea to do a speed test on PC connected to the homeplug, and if the speed is low, try another socket. Homeplugs should be plugged direct in to a main socket, or at best, not plugged in to any surge protected extension leads.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have uploaded the file in the other post, the one you have read before, with step by step instructions. Please post there so that I can help.

• If you could run one of your boxes wireless you will solve this problem as your wireless adapter will have a different mac address. I have same problem and solved it by running one hard wired and one wireless.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!